Here's a thought for those with a baby already

lowblow1

Reaction score
I've heard second labours are quicker than the first. I have this big fear that I'll go into labour and we won't have time to have someone here looking after Sophie. What would you do? Can't bring her into delivery but husband doesn't want to miss birth!

Personally mine was longer (DS was 1hr 30mins DD 26hrs) but i did get induced with DD but I had her on a Sunday so my mum and dad had my son x

I get on really well with my neighbours so luckily they could probably have her if needed pretty sharpish. I think worst case I would take her with us and get someone to pick her up. I am thinking of planning a home birth just so she can stay around! :)

I'm planning on having a doula. Its gonna take my mum 1.5hrs to get here to look after the kids and until then OH is in charge of them. If he misses the birth and its just me and the doula he will just have to meet the baby after he or she is born.

To be honest, nice as it is for the dads to be there I don't find them all that important to that stage of having a child and would rather surround myself with women who can offer a different level of support.

I'm planning on having a doula. Its gonna take my mum 1.5hrs to get here to look after the kids and until then OH is in charge of them. If he misses the birth and its just me and the doula he will just have to meet the baby after he or she is born.

To be honest, nice as it is for the dads to be there I don't find them all that important to that stage of having a child and would rather surround myself with women who can offer a different level of support.

I agree my husband wasn't much help when I had either of mine. The only real use I found with him was he kept putting the fan on for me when I was hot!x

I agree my husband wasn't much help when I had either of mine. The only real use I found with him was he kept putting the fan on for me when I was hot!x[/QUOTE]

Haha. Mine spent my whole horrible induction complaining about how uncomfortable the chair he had to sit in was. I literally didn't want him anywhere near me I was so mad! :growlmad: xx

I agree my husband wasn't much help when I had either of mine. The only real use I found with him was he kept putting the fan on for me when I was hot!x

Haha. Mine spent my whole horrible induction complaining about how uncomfortable the chair he had to sit in was. I literally didn't want him anywhere near me I was so mad! :growlmad: xx[/QUOTE]

Mine done that as well then had the cheek to say 'Im so uncomfortable in this chair I just want to sleep' I was so mad at him x

My husband was brilliant. He helped me lean on his legs while I laboured and he kept me hydrated and calm. He watched Sophie slide out and wasn't grossed out and cut her cord. I kinda feel sorry for those of you who didn't find them helpful lol!! I couldn't have anyone BUT my husband with me!!

I'll just hope that I have enough time!

We'll he made up for it when she was rushed to nicu straight afterwards, I definitely wouldn't have wanted anyone but him there then and for the 2 months we spent in there, but he was pretty crap at the whole labour bit.

I feel ur pain christiansmum!! How they have the cheek to complain about the perils of sitting in a chair when were pushing small people out of our bodies, but that's men for you I guess!!! Xx

My husband was brilliant. He helped me lean on his legs while I laboured and he kept me hydrated and calm. He watched Sophie slide out and wasn't grossed out and cut her cord. I kinda feel sorry for those of you who didn't find them helpful lol!! I couldn't have anyone BUT my husband with me!!

I'll just hope that I have enough time!

I don't feel sorry for myself at all. Not everyone's relationships work like that. For thousands of years women have given birth with the help and support of other women and no men around. Men in the delivery room is a very new phenomenon. My OH was helpful in his own way, more so second time around than first time around. But he can never understand what I'm feeling the same way a woman can. I found I had a lot of support from my mother and a bit from my MIL in my first labour.

I would take them with me and get someone to pick them up from hospital, luckily its almost the same distance from our parents to our house or hospital. When i was in labour with my 2nd they told hubby to call an ambulance so i guess if it was that quick you'd have someone there to help with birth.

Good idea. It's ages away but we are planning now lol xx

i'm worried about the same thing! We're 2.5 hrs away from my parents (who I will probably ask to come out and watch our daughter). I have two baby sitters that have worked full time for us out here so worse case scenario one of them could probably come over until my parents get here. I hope to God this labor is shorter than the first, which was 19 hours.

Our first I was in active (from 4.5cms) for 8.5hrs. I laboured til 5 at home for two days but nothing was really affected for me. I'd like similar as I can get mum here lol x

I hope mine is shorter! I was induced with my son and was in labour for 38 hours, ending in him getting stuck with me pushing for 2 hours! He was a forceps delivery in the end and the whole thing was a nightmarish blur of a bad memory. Holding him afterwards was beautiful, but the labour and birth felt pretty traumatic. I hope I don't get induced again. I felt so cheated.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->