Here's another eBay one-sticky situation!

AP

Reaction score
I bought something from eBay. Before I did, I noted that it was "contact buyer" on the returns policy.

Before I bought it via Buy It Now I contacted the seller and asked that should the item be the wrong colour for me, could I return? She replied saying yes.

So I bought it. It was the wrong colour. I've tried to contact her for a return address. She hasn't replied, although it's only been a few days.

I checked ebays rules but I'm a bit confused. It says if you use a Buy It Now and chance your mind 7 days from receipt , the seller has to accept the return legally.

But what if she doesn't reply with the address?

Ps. I have found the address online since, but I am keen to do everything through eBay channels so there is evidence

If she hasn't replied within 3 days of the message, open a case up through resolution :) Keep all messages and quote them in the messages you send. If she doesn't reply, then ebay will take control of it all :)

Did you pay via paypal? If so, you can go through them and they'll have their address on file and can freeze the money until they respond.

Oooh interesting Yo_Yo, thank you, will look into that shortly!

Thing is I've found her Facebook page, she's totally updating that but not bothering about her eBay? I suspect she's avoiding me after initially being helpful!

Open a case.
Sellers need to accept returns, it doesn't matter if they write they dont accept them, ebay will provide her address. Send it back recorded

Open a case.
Sellers need to accept returns, it doesn't matter if they write they dont accept them, ebay will provide her address. Send it back recorded

wss

You're protected under the distance selling regulations. So many ebay sellers say they don't accept returns but, legally, they have to.

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/return-item.html

If the seller says no returns, it means no returns (except for items "not as described" or "faulty").

Only businesses on eBay are scaled to 7 days (by law) returns policy, if they choose not to follow eBay's policy.

I wasn't aware that DSR's only covered business, not private, sellers... definitely good to know!

Luckily this was a business. After raising a dispute she claimed she emailed me (she never, and I'd prefer to keep it through eBay channels)

She's finally given me the address and here's hoping it's smooth from here. Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->