He's Arrived!

xXDeetsXx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Due date was on 25th May, had a sweep with some reflexology on 29th May, cue contractions at 3 in the morning on 30th May. Contractions started off like back ache, period pain style. Within a few hours they had progressed to the front of my belly as well as my back. By 8am, they became very uncomfortable and by 8.30am they were coming every 2mins and i was in agony!

Got to hospital where i was given gas and air - it made me feel drunk and sick and i talked a lot of shite!! It didnt help any with the pain and although id planned a water birth, i soon was begging for an epidural!

When i got the epi, it was bliss. I was 4cm dialited when i had arrived at 8.30am. I had a check at 7pm and was still 4cm dialited, the epi had really slowed my contractions. I was put on a drip to encourage contractions but by 8.30pm, even though the contractions were coming, i was still 4cm dialated and baby was in distress every time a contraction came. They thought the cord was around babys neck adn decision was made for emergency c section.

The c section was horrible, i dont know why people choose to have them!?! I reacted badly with the anaesthetic and was off in lala land when baby Jack arrived. I was gutted i didnt see his arrival, but i remember hearing him cry and my partner telling me to open my eyes but i just couldnt control any part of me!

About an hour after he was born, i regained consciousness and got to see my beautiful boy.

Just so happy he was well and healthy!!

x

Attachments

• 389252_10152872107385613_879961547_n.jpg
    389252_10152872107385613_879961547_n.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 40
Beautiful!!! I was the same way with my c-section. However I was awake during her delivery but getting sewed up and healing after I was zonked out for at least an hour. I woke up to my husband holding her which made me feel SOOO much better but I was still depressed I didnt get to do anything of her firsts. =(

Massive congrats on lo arrival. I had a planned csection and had a different experience to yourself. Sorry to hear it didnt go as planned but you have a lovely baby. Xx

Congratulations! Hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Congratulations!! xx

Congrats hun how adorable is your little man xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"