He's been quiet today.

Tweeks

Reaction score
He's been very quiet today compared to usual. Still only 23 weeks but yeah, definitely quieter. I have felt him but not to the usual standard. Growth spurt? Tired maybe from the nightly boxing matches? Just want some reassurance.

I've been dealing with the same thing. I'm 25 weeks, but I will definitely have days where I feel her tons, and then some where she's quiet enough to worry me. It drives me crazy.

Just yesterday I hadn't felt her move much at all. (Maybe one or two bumps throughout the day, when she had been active enough to shake my belly earlier in the week). I decided to have about a quarter cup of Pepsi (I don't normally drink soda) and lay down to see if I could get her moving. I must have laid there for over an hour just waiting and panicking. Right before I was going to tell my DH to take me to the ER, I felt her kick a few good times. She was still pretty quiet for the rest of the day, but I felt better.

And today? Today she has been moving and kicking non-stop. Go figure! I'm really thinking it's normal at this point and that it probably does have to do with growth spurts or something.

Hopefully your baby will feel up for dancing again soon, and put your mind at ease. :hugs:

He's already more of a mover than his sister ever was. I just worry over every little thing. Thanks for replying though Isme. Puts my mind at ease. :) :hugs:

Our hospital class it as normal to have quiet days up till 26 weeks. They won't even monitor you here till then if you report lack of movement. Hes probably just changed position so you can't feel him. Hopefully he will be nice and active for you tomorrow. It's great that you have still felt some movement, I used to have days where I wouldn't feel my little man at all, mines a lazy one though. I know it's scary but try not to worry.

Same here. Baby girl will be super active some days and other days very quiet. She also seems to hide from other people, even DH 😂

With my last pregnancy I used to have a cold drink and lay on my left side for about 20 mins and baby started kicking away. :)

Both of mine have hidden from their dad while in the womb. He's taken more of an interest in my bump this time and still nothing. He's quite bemused by it. Lol. He's still quiet today but I did feel him a few times last night before I dropped off to sleep. I've got a Doppler but I put it away after I started feeling him move. Tempted to get it out just for reassurance and if I still don't feel happy I'll go to the MAU.

And since posting that, he's just kicked me four times in a row. I suppose I worry because of the potential risks of cholestasis. I haven't got it yet but my levels are on the incline and Google is not your friend ladies.

Tell me about it. I have cholastasis now and had it last pregnancy too. Google terrified me when I was first diagnosed last pregnancy. Honestly as long as they are monitoring your levels you have nothing to be concerned over. If they get to high they will medicate you to control it, mine have been pretty steady now since I started treatment. Also drink lots of water, sounds silly but my consultant said it helps.

My little girl is having a very quiet day today as well and is having me worried!
I have felt her a few times and i think she must lie weird as i have some pain on my sides when lieing down.. I know i shouldn't worry, but what can you do..
I just hope she'll be back to her usual active self tomorrow :)

He's quiet again. I've got an anterior placenta but I'd been feeling him regardless of that. It's very hard to relax and not panic but I also don't want to disrupt my daughter's routine by going to the MAU. :/

I really think that when they're still "little" like they are now, certain positions make it harder to feel them. I felt my little girl move ALL day yesterday. Tons of small movements and many bigger movements. Then she got extra active around 3am, and at that point I felt her do a big flip of sorts. The movements were softer after that. I still feel her moving today, but the movements are more subtle than they were yesterday. I think it's just the way she's facing.

Hopefully your baby boy will kick up a storm in a bit and reassure you. :hugs:

I still feel very few movements at all at 24 weeks, and I keep being told this is fine and normal, so I don't think you should be concerned.

I think you're right, I've decided to lay down in bed with little distraction and he's moving away. :) My daughter gets excited when I say he's moving now and has been asking all day, she's in bed now though. Lol.

So glad to hear that Tweeks!

These babies definitely like to keep us on our toes. After thinking this was going to be "quiet" day, my baby decided she didn't like me resting my hands (and kindle) at the top of my belly, so she's been kicking so hard that she's making my hands pop up with every jolt. Too funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->