Hi I'm new...........and confused!!!

mayb

Reaction score
Hi all
After a few months of lurking, I have finally decided to join! and would really like some advice!
We have been NTNP for around ten months now, just seeing what happens really! Anyway, I got af last week, a day or two early (not too unusual for me) but she only stayed for 2 days and was very light. I am usually on for 5-6 days and fairly heavy, so found this a bit odd! AF finished last weds and ever since I've had quite strong cramps, backache and feeling very lightheaded at times. Last night I started spotting, but it has now stopped. I have also totally lost my appetite and am tired to the point of exhaustion.
Any clues on whats going on? OH thinks I should test, but I'm pretty sure I can't be pg as af arrived?
All advice/opinions greatly received!!:blush:

I'm no expert but I'd be tempted to test

I am a bit, but I always thought I would actually have to miss af?

I think it can be different for everyone

Just from the total change in AF and the extreme tiredness I'd be tempted to test just to put your mind at ease :)

Defo test. Sounds like a lot of possible pregnancy symptoms and it could have been an implantation bleed rather than AF. Keep us updated.

And Welcome to B&B and NTNP.

Adding another vote for :test:

Sometimes people can get IB that lasts longer than a day - also it could be breakthrough bleeding (where you get some light bleeding when you would normally get AF). Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks for all your replies!!
I'm guessing I should just test then? I'm so nervous, had a false alarm earlier in the year and thats what made us both realise that we really want this to happen so fingers crossed! I thinks what i'm worrying about the most is the fact that if i'm not pg then what could it be?? because the tiredness, loss of appetite and abdominal cramps/twinges are really quite strong and not just 'in my head'!
Will keep you updated..............

That's what happened when I was pregnant with my first so I didn't know I was pregnant for a while ended up finding out that he was a boy at my first dr appt since I didn't know I was that far along it was a lot to take in! Good luck but definatly test :)

*stalks the thread* :haha:

I'm on a knife edge!

Ok, sorry its taken me so long to report back but things have been a bit crazy!! Tested on Thursday morning and guess what......................BFP!!!!!! Iwas so shocked that I kept it to myself all day at work and didnt tell OH until I got home! We were both shocked but happy! I tested again this morning and still BFP but a lot fainter. Now im confused as I thought it would get stronger? Will be phoning the doctor on Monday to find out if I am actually pg and how far along as I have no idea since I haven't really missed a period! Any ideas/advice???

Hi hun - please do not worry about the line getting lighter. Home tests can only tell you if you are PG or not, the darkness of the line can change throughout the day depending on many factors (time of day, concentration of urine etc). Wait till you see your doc, I would imagine if you have no idea of your dates they will have to give you an early scan. Just explain what's happened and that your last AF was unusually short.

Please don't worry, wishing you all the best! Please do let us know how you get on. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->