hi ladies!

hollyw79

Reaction score
I just posted this in a separate thread.. but wanted to post it separately to make sure people got the chance to read it... as I want EVERYONE here to have successful and healthy pregnancies!!

I just put this in the aspirin thread~

I just wanted to add my OWN recent experience with baby aspirin.. I was definitely a supporter of taking it after talking to some friends who had mc and who had healthy pregnancies after taking it.. there is A LOT of evidence that shows it HELPS with implantation- improves the lining- increases the blood flow- ALL good things to help AND with some ladies ~ it's a good thing to prevent miscarriage.

HOWEVER~ on occasion~ when you DO get a BFP~ it can hurt the placenta.. and I know this bc I am experiencing this RIGHT NOW. It can either cause placenta separation or abruption which is VERY dangerous.

I JUST got my BFP & Have been taking it since I had my mc- well, I went for my 1st u/s and I am DEVASTATED bc I have a small area of placenta separation which my FS truly believes is bc I was taking baby aspirin and wants me to stop it ASAP. I have a pool of blood in my uterus right now. I go back this Friday to see how things are looking- thankfully- it's early enough that the baby doesn't rely on the placenta and it "SHOULD" heal- key word- SHOULD. I am crapping my pants right now in FEAR of losing my baby - BECAUSE of the baby aspirin. I have been put on like a modified bed rest for the time being until this PRAYERFULLY heals. Needless to say- I took it to AVOID a mc and hear I am in jeopardy of having one BECAUSE of it.

Now, it does A LOT of great things for women and I'm not telling ANYONE to stop it- I am just providing a picture of the other side of the coin... from what we were told- baby aspirin prevents A LOT of mc- but for those who go on to miscarry- something like 80% of the time- it's FROM the baby aspirin contributing to it.

Sooooo in my humble opinion- take it when you're trying to get preggo- but once you have that BFP~ lay off of it until you talk to your doctor and until you see that your baby is ok! I want NO ONE else to go through what I am going through now- just waiting to see if everything is going to be ok. Definitely don't STOP it either if your doctor has you on it.. just wanted to put that out there too!

So I just want to tell everyone to be careful with it.. if you google baby aspirin and placental abruption~ you can read more about it.. it's scary stuff!

Thanks for sharing!
Ill definitely be thinking about you and hope things go well for you and your bean :)
definitely keep us posted

Thank you for sharing. Please keep us posted on how you are doing! God bless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->