High Blood Pressure (Pre-Eclampsia?) 27 weeks

ExpatMomKorea

Reaction score
I haven't posted many threads on the forums. I've always been a no news is good news type of person. So of course when I post, it's not rainbows and sunshine.

I'm currently in the hospital on day 2 of medications, injections and tests. My doctors were struggling to lower my blood pressure, but it's getting better today. Depending on my test results, I might have to stay in the hospital until I deliver. The doctors say that having the baby before 36 weeks is very likely.

I'm very scared.

This is my first pregnancy so I feel lost on what to do. And it's been a stressful week.
My mother was admitted to the same hospital last week. We thought she was having a stroke, ended up being bells palsy so she is paralyzed on the left side of her face and needs care.

My husband and I live in South Korea, but I'm in florida and cannot fly back because of my current health condition. My husband won't be able to come for the birth. And I don't know if he's gonna be okay knowing our baby girl might be in the NICU. He's so worried about us.

Are there any ladies that have or are dealing with pre-E this soon in their pregnancy? And is there any advice on how to handle the anxiety?

I already had my first steroid shot, I'm getting another in a few hours. Lord please help my baby.

I had pre eclampsia with my first pregnancy, 28 weeks and managed to get to 35 weeks, I was on bed rest and spent a number of weeks in the hospital. But you are in the best place. I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry, your in the right place to be monitored. Good luck and try to rest 😘

its not uncommon to get PET this early, but on the other hand most cases begin near the end of pregnancy.
As Mrs Cullen said, you're in the best place. They will need to take blood from you probably every other day to makesure your liver is fuctioning well.
Having a prem isn't ideal but there has been so much advancement with neonatal care, your baby will be well looked after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->