High blood sugars and insulin annnd pictures of grace :)

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
Hi :) Grace was born on the 14th at 28+4, she was vented at first but extubated after a few days to cpap,blood gas's are good and shes saturating pretty well in 22% oxygen :) Her blood isnt clotting as well as it should be, they noticed that when they were pricking her heel it was still bleeding 2 hours later when they came to do it again, her INR is low but they havent really said what could be causing it. Her blood sugars went through the roof last night so they have started her on insulin to try and regulate it. Anyone any experience with the clotting/insulin? Thanks :) xxx

P140111_19.50_[02].jpg

P160111_13.37_[01].jpg

P140111_19.51.jpg

P160111_13.42.jpg

P160111_21.13.jpg

I've no advice about the clotting/insulin issues but Grace is absolutely gorgeous! :cloud9:

Andrew had a dose of insulin while he was in NICU, just the one.

Also when he was on NICU, they were worried about clotting as his cranial bleed was taking ages to heal. They took blood samples from Andrew, from me and from OH (which he did not enjoy, wimp!) to test but they all came back as negative for any actual problems. It wasn't mentioned again, and he's had a couple of finger bleeds since which seemed to have clotted okay.

I've no advice but congrats! She is just a beautiful lil princess :kiss:

Welcome again little Grace. Wow, she is tiny but looks so long.
I also have no advice.

Jaycee had one shot of insulin too but that was very early on. I didnt see them for 5 days so I only can go by what is written in their notes.
Grace is beautiful.

Ahh, Grace is beautiful - congratulations! I'm afraid I can't help with the other questions either x

I'm afraid I can't give any advice but just wanted to say Grace is beautiful - congratulations!! Love the name too :) xx

Again i'm sorry i can't comment on your question but wanted to say congratulations and Grace is beautiful!

Congratulations. No experience I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will come along with some help!

Grace is a little sweetie, you must be very proud. And what lovely long legs she has! How are you doing?

once again no advice here but grace is absolutly beautiful, congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->