High Cholesterol?

ozbutterfly

Reaction score
But I'm 22! I'm not supposed to have high cholesterol at 22!

*grump*

Apparently my cholesterol is bad despite me switching to a nearly 100% 'from scratch' diet, eating heaps more veggies, cooking in olive oil, etc over two years ago. BAH.

Does anyone else deal with this?

actually, yes. I spiked out a few years ago. But then I made a concerted effort to exercise, like cardio/weights, and it went down 100 points (!) so it can be done. I will say, however, that some people are predisposed to it being stubborn, but I would try that first. You don't want to have to do meds if you don't have to, especially at 22. Just keep doing what you are doing, and it is possible the sheer act of losing the weight that you are working on will make it go down. Don't stress yet, just keep tabs on it. Good luck to you. :D

Thank you. :) And congratulations on getting yours under control!

Yeah I'e just been tested and mine was 7.2 or something. My doctor told me not to worry though and told me not to try and lose weight or anything because some peoples' chelestrol levels are naturally higher than others. Have they suggested you go on tablets? I think after LO is born I'll be put on the tablets to lower mine. (I'm 17 btw so it was pretty shocking to find out I had it as well! My mom and dad both have it though so they tink it's genetic.) x

Mine is over 500 and I'm 31. I'm not overweight, I do not eat junk food, I love veggies, all we use ever is olive oil. I have it checked over 2 years ago and it has almost tripled since then. I'm blaming mine on my mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->