High dose folic acid

ATC

Reaction score
I was taking Pregnacare but when I went to see my gp she changed me to high dose folic acid. Does anyone know of a prenatal vitamin, available in the UK, that is suitable for someone on high dose FA? At the minute I'm just taking an additional Vitamin D supplement. I'm concerned that I might be missing out on important nutrients, especially since I'm eating what I can stomach at the minute rather than thinking of a balanced diet!

I don't see why you can't take it alongside the FA!

I take high dose folic acid plus pregnacare original, my midwife knows and said it was fine.

If you're concerned because it's got additional folic acid in, don't worry, if you have too much folic acid your body just expels the excess in urine, no harm.

Thanks ladies! I had asked the pharmacist and he told me I would be overdosing on folic acid. I think think to myself that when I was already taking 5g another 400mg would hardly make much difference. Glad to gear that a midwife has given the ok!

Excuse the typos. Stupid autocorrect!

There's no problem in taking the 5mg of folic acid in addition to the Pregnacare.

All pregnancy multivitamins contain the recommended dose of 400mcg, so if u require a larger dose, taking the additional 5mg is absolutely fine. There are no contraindications for this.

Wish you all the best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->