high grade dyskaryosis!!

xxLeighxx

mummy to Aaliyah & Seth
Reaction score
I have just had my first smear and the results have came back high grade dyskaryosis :( I work in the path labs which process smears so I am aware of what it means etc, however I am alot more worried as its happening to me. I was just wondering if anyone gas experienced colposcopy and loop excision? Im waiting for an appointment and I am really nervous :( xx

I found out last wednesday that my smear came back as high grade dyskaryosis and I had my colposcopy and biopsy yesterday.

What do you need to know?x

Just basically what they do, and does it hurt mainly. Did you have moderate or severe? really nervous about it xx

Mine was severe. The procedure took about 35mins in total and it was a million times worse than I had expected.

I was informed that they would be having a look at my cervix and taking a biopsy if necessary and that I would just feel a little uncomfortable but it was downright painful.

I had to have a local anaesthetic injection into my cervix which gave me the shakes so bad my legs were nearly jumping out of the stirrups lol...i ended up having three injections because there was one area that just kept hurting.

They took two pieces of my cervix away...again I imagined it would just be a bit of tissue that would be removed but they were chunks around the size of the top section of my little finger.

There was a lot of blood which scared me quite a bit and I had moderate period pains and shooting pains in my cervix afterwards. There was a consultant carrying out the procedure, a student doctor, a nurse and a nursing assistant.

In all fairness, if he had numbed it properly in the first place then I dont think it would have been as bad as it was but it really was a horrendous experience for me. I have friends who have had it done and they have said it was uncomfortable but not necessarily painful. So I think it really depends!

There is a screen at the side of you that you can view your cervix in but they turned it away when they started the procedure properly.

Recovery was fine...period pains and shooting pains for a few hours but they soon subsided and I felt back to normal. Had some dull aches today but nothing major.

Xxx

Ouchie!! Sorry your experience was so bad! did you have a cone biopsy then? do you have to go back? im just waiting for my appointment for colp! im dreading it, although I know its best that Ive found out etc. x

I received my letter today to say i have the same, i thought high grade was severe? Mine just says high grade but i am terrified and spent the afternoon crying!!! Am so so scared its something really serious!! Waiting for my col also just hope its sooner rather than later xx

Hey vicky, ive had my lletz and got the results back a few days ago! Firstly, try not to panic, I cried when I first got my letter, high grade is moderate or high, they should tell you on your colposcopy appointment letter! I was super scared and super nervous for the lletz but it really isnt as bad as I thought at all, the thing I thought was the worst was the stirrups lol, they put your legs right in the air :/ very exposing! I also went on jos trust and spoke to women on there, they are a great help! Btw my results came back severe but no more abnormal than that so in otherwards not cancer, I have another smear in 6 months! Im 25 and it was my first smear xx

Hey vicky, ive had my lletz and got the results back a few days ago! Firstly, try not to panic, I cried when I first got my letter, high grade is moderate or high, they should tell you on your colposcopy appointment letter! I was super scared and super nervous for the lletz but it really isnt as bad as I thought at all, the thing I thought was the worst was the stirrups lol, they put your legs right in the air :/ very exposing! I also went on jos trust and spoke to women on there, they are a great help! Btw my results came back severe but no more abnormal than that so in otherwards not cancer, I have another smear in 6 months! Im 25 and it was my first smear xx

Hi thanks for your reply, i am glad that your results came back that way, its a good sign that u just need another smear in 6 months. They phoned me yesterday with an appointment for my colposcopy, its 9am tomorrow morning, am wondering if thats not such a good sign but she did say it was a cancelation so am keeping my fingers crossed. Am hoping i receive my letter today but obviously theres a chance i wont as it was only booked yesterday. My brother works in a gum clinic and has just spoken to a colposcopy nurse coz am worried i have back pain and that and she said i would only have back pain if i had advanced and in that case they would have seen it so thats eased my mind. He asked if i wanted to speak to her but i said no am ok. My letter just came but it doesnt say anything ither than the time and place. Hopefully i will know more tomorrow xx

Good luck for tomorrow! Try not to worry too much, I know thats easier to say than do! I was so so worried and it actually wasnt bad! I actually work in the path labs that process smear tests and they would have spotted it if it was advanced etc. You will feel so relieved tomorrow when its over xx

Hi, well ive had my colposcopy, turns out i was only just into the high grade so moderate CIN2, when she done the colposcopy, she said she cant see ANY abnormality, so i asked why my smear says high grade she said the bad cells could b in the canal but not many, she performed loop excision and i am to go back in 6 months for a smear but shes confident all will b back to normal by then. So am happy. Can i ask how long it took for ur results to come through? She told me 6-8 weeks but bare in mind xmas and new year. My letter and the one she is sending to my gp actually states the colposcopy found NO ABNORMALITY. I am so so relieved.

She told me to go home and have a glass of wine, i might just take her advice lol xx

Mine took just over 2 weeks, which was pretty quick as I was told 6 weeks! Where abouts are you in uk? How did you find the procedure, bloody invasive isnt it, legs up miles high with everything on show :/ least its done now! So happy that they couldnt find an abnormality :) thats great news! Now go and have that glass or bottle of wine hehe xx

Yes its very invasive, but at that point i really didnt care lol, it was so funny coz my whole body was shaking before they even did anything. Didnt hurt me at all tho, just a sting when they did the local. I was told no heavy lifting and to take it easy, easier said than done with an 18 month old and 7.5 month old, Am from Liverpool. Xx

Yeh I just felt a sting from the local but nothing after that! Im from Coventry and my local hospitas path labs so got mine back quick! Im sure you will get clear results back though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->