High prolactin, Dostinex, and DE at 44/45

bigbikemama

Reaction score
Hi!

I've been lurking for a little while. I love this community! So much great advice and information.

Just recently have been thinking about using ART to conceive, but was just diagnosed with high prolactin (117) due to pituitary tumor and will start cabergoline/Dostinex this week. Any older mothers have high prolactin yet successfully bring it down and carry a pregnancy to term? I'm 43, so if it takes 6-12 months (or more) to reduce the prolactin level, I'll be 44/45 before I can try ART.

And the RE will probably tell me to go straight to DE, instead of trying to using my own eggs with donor sperm. What tests I should take to figure out my ovarian reserve and egg quality? The women in my family were pretty fertile into their late 40s/50s. I feel that years of BCP and sky-high stress (oceans of cortisol going thru my body) contributed to my high prolactin problem. So just want to make sure that my eggs are an absolute no-go before taking the DE route.

Anybody do acupuncture while taking cabergoline or bromocriptine to lower their prolactin level?

Thanks so much! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->