• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

High Prolactin - Dostinex success

scoot1986

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanted to write this post for those of you who are suffering from high proclactin levels and TTC. It wasn't long ago I was on the Google looking for Dostinex success stories.

Here's mine:

My husband and I started trying for a baby earlier this year. I was concerned after my cycles went from being regular to 40 - 50 days long. A blood test confirmed my prolactin levels were slightly high, about 570. I was referred to an endocrinologist who sent me for a MRI, they found a small prolactinoma in my pituitary gland. I was prescribed Dostinex/Cabergoline tablets twice a week. I started them in April and by June I was pregnant.

After receiving the news of my high levels and the MRI results I worried that becoming pregnant would be a hard task. If you're in a similar situation, don't give up hope and keep trying. That positive test might be just around the corner.

Thank you :) I needed to read this. Mine is 549. Are you in the uk? I've been told they don't prescribe anything to lower prolactin levels

Hi. This is my first post here :)
I have reading these forums a lot lately.
I started Dostinex August 2015 and no result until December, then my endo in UK prescribed Quinagolide(Norprolac) as it seems to be safer while TTC. Still waiting for BFP.
The big difference is that I no longer have depressions since I stopped Dostinex. We are thinking of a stimulation and IUI in april. Anyone else tried while having high prolactin?
I feel desperate after 2 years of TTC.
Today I am two days before AF and no spotting so far ( usually 3 days before) so I have some hope. Promised myself though no to teste until AF is due.
Would love to hear more of your experiences, giving us more hope
Good luck to all of you!

Scoot1986 did you have any side effects from the Cabergoline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->