Hips hurt at night

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
Last two days my hips have been so sore at night. Once I'm up and moving around they feel perfect. But at night when I lay down for bed, I just toss and turn as they just feel so sore and tender, I can't get comfortable. This has been just happening the last two days. Any ideas ladies?

Yes I've been getting this a lot the last 2 weeks since baby has dropped, apparently it's quite normal, pressure from LO and also softening of the hips in preparation for labour x

Well happy to know its normal! Unhappy to know it can go on for another two weeks lol. But she's worth it ;) I'll just have to keep hoping for an early baby. Come on baby!!!

I've had this since around 31 weeks... 37 now and my right hip hurts during the day too. I swear it has almost dislocated a couple of times!

Totally normal. For the past week, ive been so sore at night and for most of the day. But mostly at night. Doctor says it will go away when baby is born yay!! haha

I've had this since around 31 weeks... 37 now and my right hip hurts during the day too. I swear it has almost dislocated a couple of times!

https://www.babycenter.com.au/a546492/pelvic-pain-spd

Have a look at this link hun at the symptoms of SPD. I have heard this is really common (and I believe I actually have this too) and have the same hip pain as you. Way worse at night but also have it during the day.
I can hardly move my legs apart to do simple things like put on knickers etc and my crotch feels like someone kicked me with a heavy boot. Getting up at night to pee is an absolute nightmare :(

Why do we only find things like this out once we are pregnant?

Have had this for a few weeks now too my midwife is sending me for physio, and has suggested a support belt. Might be worth trying, and yes agree with feeling like it nearly dislocates its soo painful.x

Oh yes i have spd and night time / sleeping on pelvis & hips is eye watering.

My poor DH has to deal with me tossing and turning from one side to the other, along with me stealing literally ALL of the blankets to stuff in between my legs to keep my knees & ankles apart because otherwise it's excruciating!

Poor guy spends all night being woken up multiple times by me turning, getting up to pee or check on our daughter, and freezing because I commandeered all of the blankets. And if he raises that thermostat ONE degree I lose it because "I'm hot!" I didn't realize how bad he has it until I wrote this out! :haha::haha:

I've had it for the past few weeks, I'm nearly sure of it...although I never bothered to ask my MW about it because I just thought it was par for the course of being pregnant, and has only gotten really bad since LO started to drop. Mine is excruciating at night - hips and crotch. Poor DH is always being woken up to help me turn over or get up to pee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->