Hirschsprung's experience?

Kissel

Pregnant-Second Trimester
Reaction score
My daughter was born 5 weeks early. She had respiratory distress and still has episodes of tachypnic breathing. If she gets very upset she actually stops breathing and turns purple. Luckily she is an extremely happy baby and it typically takes little more than holding her and saying her name to get her to calm down. For the past 3 weeks she has not pooped without a suppository. We tried stimulation but had mild success the first time we tried and hasn't worked since. She was pooping every diaper before this and the only other time she had a problem was when she needed a suppository to pass her first me continuum on day 3 (she is 2 months now). She gets breast milk exclusively and through the bottle, so my doctor had me eat a dairy free diet, give her apricot nectar, and took away her vitamins. I was a heartbeat away from taking her to the ER the other night because she was holding her breath and screaming at the top of her lungs. She had a suppository 5 hours before it all started and screamed for 4 hours before she just started to calm down. She still passes gas and belches like a frat boy and after her suppositories her stools are liquid. The doctor took an x ray and she has widened areas of intestine. She goes for a contrast enema tomorrow to try to rule out Hirschsprungs disease. Does anybody have any first hand experience with this? My family is convinced she just gets too much iron and she has simple constipation. I am positive that whatever she has is not simple and I am worried that she is eating half as much as what she was eating a month ago and some of it is now being replaced by 4 oz of juice. That is 25% of her diet and now no vitamin supplement for a preemie. Ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->