Hiya...couple of questions! (home water birth)

JellyBeann

Son, Daughter, 2 Angels
Reaction score
How big are your pools ladies? I'm trying to work out if I could do a water birth in my very small house, I have no dining room to turn into a birthing room, so it would be my living room, and it's only about 8mx10m, add into that that we have two sofas and no wall where there is nothing on, there's either a door, window or fire!! I've attached a pic so you can see! The only place I have is the top left corner...so wondering if it would be suitable?

room.jpg

That looks do-able to me! Our living room is very small too, we have a corner sofa cos there's no way we could have a sofa and chairs, and a coffee table set into it if you know what I mean. We moved the table out and the sofa slightly back, and the pool sat where the table was.
I bought the mini pool in a box, was very pleased with it and it fit nicely.

That looks do-able to me! Our living room is very small too, we have a corner sofa cos there's no way we could have a sofa and chairs, and a coffee table set into it if you know what I mean. We moved the table out and the sofa slightly back, and the pool sat where the table was.
I bought the mini pool in a box, was very pleased with it and it fit nicely.

Thanks! It's very important to me to have a water birth, as DS was water birth and I loved it...I think part of the reason he was such a calm baby (still is) is because of the birth we had!

Anyway, thanks hun, and I will look into the mini pool in a box!

For more space can you put the couches somewhere else or one of them? If you dont have the space can you ask a neighbour to hold it for you. It wouldn't be for very long and most neighbours would happily help out for such a short time. That way there will be plenty of space around the pool.

When are you getting your pool? You could blow it up and give it a test run and see just how squishy the room is once set up. Or if you aren't getting the pool just yet mark out the area on the floor that it wil be taking up?

My pool wasn't very big. It was the deluxe aquarium from Toys R Us and it was plenty big for me and my 3yo. I'm 5 foot 2 inches and petite.

Unless you are particularly tall/big and you really want another adult in there with you a smaller pool is possibly preferrable anyway, less water to fill and you'll feel nice and private and most women like to be able to touch the other side of the pool with their feet for stability.

i had the birth pool in a box mini and it fitted in our small living room we put in the centre of the room when we trialed it and on the "big day" placed and filled it in the centre of the room so there was access on all sides , we had all the Christmas decorations up too so things were pretty crowded

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/388251_10151151157495123_663595122_22136262_301907115_a.jpg

I'm looking at birthing pools now, so could I ask the ladies who had the mini birth pool in a box how tall you are? I'm 5' 7" so I'm wondering if it will be too small for me. I don't want to feel constrained during labour/birth! Xxx

I say stick in right in the middle of the room - centre stage!
MWs and you will want to have access to as most sides as possible. Easier to make them move around you rather than you move to a certain side to do monitoring or to see crowning.

Our living room was/is small for both my home water births and we have the regular birth-pool-in-a-box. Yeah it dominated the room, but that really was the point! There was just about enough room to keep the dinning room table in for the MWs to use as a desk, and just about enough floor space to deliver placenta or if I decided that I wanted to birth out of the pool in the same room. I delivered in the pool with both births and decided to get out to deliver the placenta - first baby it was an 1hr 40mins after, and I delivered on the bed. second baby about 50mins and I stood up from the sofa with baby still attached an just squatted over a b&q bucket! classy! :haha:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->