Hiya Im new here:)x

Layna

Reaction score
Hiyaaa im Layna im 17 nearly 18:) and I have a boyfriend aged 21 he recently asked me if I wanted to try for a baby because we had a pregnancy scare not long ago and we both realised at the time that we liked the idea of it being positive but it wasnt :( x do you think im too young?

Welcome to BnB :hi:

We don't support under 18's TTC here. What is your situation? Money, relationship, school wise? I got pregnant by accident at 18 with a guy I was very much in love with and we had had a few scares previously and when I got a negative a part of me felt a bit disappointed. However although he told me he would stand by me and we could be a family and so I should keep the baby he left me in January and is now dating a man (irrelevant but still lol!) If I was to give my honest opinion I would say wait. Do everything you can while you still have no responsibilities. Go on holidays, go for meals, appreciate each other before having a baby. Having a child is one of the biggest strains you can put on a relationship and no matter how strong you think you are sometimes that strain gets too much. I would get everything else out of the way first, live together for a while. And then in a few years think about TTC

Welcome to BnB :hi:

We don't support under 18's TTC here. What is your situation? Money, relationship, school wise? I got pregnant by accident at 18 with a guy I was very much in love with and we had had a few scares previously and when I got a negative a part of me felt a bit disappointed. However although he told me he would stand by me and we could be a family and so I should keep the baby he left me in January and is now dating a man (irrelevant but still lol!) If I was to give my honest opinion I would say wait. Do everything you can while you still have no responsibilities. Go on holidays, go for meals, appreciate each other before having a baby. Having a child is one of the biggest strains you can put on a relationship and no matter how strong you think you are sometimes that strain gets too much. I would get everything else out of the way first, live together for a while. And then in a few years think about TTC
:hi:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hi welcome to BnB I definately agree with bexy_22 aswel xxx

I don't know your situation but I'd definitely say to wait until you have a stable life set up for the baby to become a part of.

Good luck with whatever choice you make!

Hola :hugs:

I would say 18-20 is not the age for a girl to pregnant with boy friend :)

The reason is that having pregnancy is not a big deal, taking best care of your child is.

I personally have heard lots of bad stories about pregnancy in early age regardless of their studies/social or monetary status.

Just wait and watch! Evaluate your BF for quite few years more then definitely go for marriage/pregnancy.

:hi: and welcome,

Theres no rush for a baby, whilst Babyandbump does not support under 18's TTC why dont take your time and have a read through some of the stuff here, it may well just help you make a decision on whether now is the right time for you :)

I'm sorry but i'm a little shocked at the reply you got above about not supporting your decision of ttc , It is not for anyone else whether or not they support/agree with you but to give advice & help. Whilst i do think aged 17-18 is to young if that is your choice then that is your choice & i would help where i could to give you the advice,help & support you needed not judge you.

Welcome to the forum, if you do need any help or advice please do ask xx

I'm sorry but i'm a little shocked at the reply you got above about not supporting your decision of ttc , It is not for anyone else whether or not they support/agree with you but to give advice & help. Whilst i do think aged 17-18 is to young if that is your choice then that is your choice & i would help where i could to give you the advice,help & support you needed not judge you.
Welcome to the forum, if you do need any help or advice please do ask xx

The posts above are in no way an attack at the OP. BnB doesn't support under 18s TTC so while she is under 18 and trying for a baby it is against forum policy to support her decision.

But is it not better to try help her understand & maybe point her in the right direction than just point blank say we don't support you, If i was that 17yr old then i would be worried about coming here for advice when maybe the advice might just help me change my mind if you get me.
If she does get pregnant & is then to scared to come back here that is wrong & unhelpful, I'm not saying lets tell her how to concieve or give her tips etc but surely there is different ways to help people than just say sorry your not welcome i think its a little rude that's all.
Maybe guidance & help will do the trick.

I'm not having a go at you i was just alittle shocked thats all :)

Nobody said she isn't welcome. I think I gave her some decent advice. Hopefully she will realise that babies aren't just cute and lovely and they are damn hard work, especially at 17. I just don't get why girls so young would WANT to have such huge responsibility. I know I certainly wasn't ready, even now. But if she wants to TTC she will do regardless of what people say on here, all we can do is try and steer her in the right direction

I hope she changes her mind too, I was 22 when my 1st was born & i still think i was to young so i do agree she's to young i just found the " we don't support you " line a little strong that's all. Even if it is true i think there are other ways to say it without being so harsh, that might just be me feeling "hormonal" though. *sigh*

Ok whist your right we do not support under 18's TTC lets A) not attack members personal lifestyle & income ...its truely none of our business wouldn't you agree? B) Please respect whist yes its an individuals choice what they do with their lives its our choice that we do not support TTC of anyone under this age [18] if it be their right or not that is best for BabyandBump and isn't a personal opinion on anyone.

I totally understand that & am not disagreeing there hun. It was the way it was said which i found a little harsh that's all . I hope the poster finds what shes looking for advice wise x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->