Holiday activities/games to suit an 8 year old AND a 3 year old?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We're going on a week's holiday with my husband's family and the only 2 children will be our nearly 3 year old and my SIL's daughter who is 8. They get on very well but they've never spent more than a weekend together before.

I just hoped to find some games they might be able to both enjoy.

My son likes: I spy, alphabet lotto, jigsaw puzzles, orchard toys games, lego.. But doesn't have the patience for snakes and ladders etc

Has anyone got any ideas for games that are largely chance rather than skill so that they can have an equal opportunity to win?

Do you have Candyland in the UK? It's based on random cards (colors) that move you forward or to a few places on the board.

https://www.amazon.com/Candy-Land-K...UTF8&qid=1438822758&sr=1-1&keywords=candyland

We have a My Little Pony game that is completely co-operative. Everyone builds the rainbow together or everyone loses. I think it virtually impossible to lose the game. My 15 year old will consent to play it with my 4 year old. It's Rainbow Magic.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Pony-...sr=1-4&keywords=rainbow+magic,+my+little+pony

Since it will be the holidays. There is always cookie baking, decorating and eating. :icecream:

how about elefun and games like that? Or maybe happy families or twister... Or sherades or something. Not sure how suitable for a 3 year old my suggestions are though lol- can't really remember what I used to play with Isaac when he was 3!

Can you just see how it goes rather than plan stuff? My 2 are 8 and 5 but due to her delays the 5 year old is more like a 3 1/2- 4 year old.
The thing they do together most is colouring type stuff. They also play with lego together and play outside a lot together.

Just to update we found the game Guess Who went down a treat with both of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->