Holiday to Tunisia?

bumblebeexo

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anybody here has been to Tunisia and could share their experiences? We're looking for a holiday in May and Tunisia looks really nice and isn't that expensive either. Is it suitable for a family holiday?
TIA :flower:

My sister went to work in an orphanage last summer and it looked like such a wonderful country with such a different culture. Very hot too! Might want to consider though that travel insurance may be more expensive, and you'd be advised to get jabs before going which is an extra cost.

I've been twice, once pre-DD and in Sept this year with my Mum, DH and DD. We had a lovely time but went AI. A very lovely climate, great food and pretty country but we didn't venture out.

When I went pre-DD, we did venture and had a few issues so stayed put after 3 days but still good experience. The only thing I would say is their class of hotel is about 1* less than ours. So if they say 5*, judge it as a 4* in my experience.

No jabs required other than the usual ones, places to avoid are on the FCO website and it's a closed currency so all very simple. Flight is under 3 hours and medical care is fine (used it 1st time!). Insurance for 3 of us, at Premium cost was £90 but we always pay for full whack.

We went on a family holiday, went 5* and hated every single second of being there. Mainly stayed in our room. The whole place was like a shanty town. I understand that everything isn't as modernised and they don't have as much money etc etc, but the pavements were barely walkable, there was a car crashed into a wall at the end of our hotel and it didn't feel safe to go outside. I would never ever go back and I always advise people against the place. My best friend also has been to a different place to me and also hated it - and they did a tour within the space of their holiday xx

The are some serious travel warnings out for certain parts of Tunisia just now, not in the touristy parts but still it would be enough to put me off traveling there in case things escalated

I went this year and I hated it. The beach was filthy with camel poo. The food wasnt cooked properly and I generally did not feel safe atall.

I went to Skaynes and my Mum went to Sousse and she said it was awful there too.

Id advise against it but there are different parts of Tunisia and that could be better

I've only ever been to Hammamet but DH's colleague did Sousse and said it was a dump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->