Holiday with 5-month-old

lauren-kate

Reaction score
We will be going on holiday to Cyprus in May when Ryan will be about 5-6 months old. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about flights (particularly security i.e. How does taking formula work especially if I'm not allowed to take liquids?) Can I take a car seat and a buggy? Does he get his own seat that I put the car seat on? I know about those inflatable cots you can get, but will he have to sit on my knee or a seat when the seatbelt signs are on? I have about a million questions but any advice, links or experiences will be much appreciated. P.S. We own an apartment and have a travel cot, car seat and high chair there already so will not need to worry too much about anything like that). Thanks in advance. xx

Sorry hun I can't help you, but enjoy it! x

hey hun we flew to folorida when Ella was the same age...your car seat gets checked in with your luggage....and you keep your buggy right until you board the plane..they stick it in the cargo last and its the first thing to come off and is waiting there for you literally as you get off the plane.

As for seats you will have your LO on your lap...when you check in request the bulk head get there nice and early so you have a better chance...it makes life so much easier as you have more foot room....and we put the pillows and blankets on the floor by our feet and Ella slept down there....its daunting flying with a LO but if your well organised its a doddle...Ella was such an angel on the flight entertaining the people sat behind us.

anymore questions PM me hun coz I might miss it no the thread

xxx

Were flying to Majorca on the 8th of May and also been thinking about how im going to be able to take her formula...

I know I can pack some in the suitcase in the main luggage but when my OH sister went away she had her formula taken off her from her hand luggage. Im going to time it so that Olivia has a feed just before the flight as its only 2 and half hours by the time our cases are back off the plane she will probs be just about due her next feed but im hoping I can buy the ready made cartons for my handluggage...

I know that OH sister said that other people who had bottles with them were made to open it and drink some of the milk to prove it wasnt contaminated with anything...

I wouldnt advise taking your carseat. It will have to go with your main luggage and the baggage handlers arent too hot at being gentle... You don't want to risk your car seat becoming damaged or weakended with out you even realising

We are having to take 2 push chairs with us due to taking OH daughter from previous relationship also so we have bought a zapp to go on our main luggage as they're extremely light and weighs less than the average pushchair. I wouldnt want to ruin our pram.

xx

I know that I'm technically answering my own question, but I found a website and thought maybe it could be useful to anyone else with questions.

www.babygoes2.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->