Holy Morning sickness Batman :(

pumpkin90

Reaction score
Im 6 weeks and this morning sickness is hitting me hard... But not just in the morning.... Mid afternoon , evenings , mornings, even woke me up in the middle of the night :/.... What can I do to help with the nausea? Personally I'd like to avoid medications. I did get a prescription written for anti nausea medication, but unless this nausea is completely debilitating I won't be filling it... What are some tricks?

Sorry to hear about your MS! I know it's super tough. I'm 13 weeks and I still have MS. I started taking diclectin around week 10, I couldn't hack it anymore. Diclectin has revolutionized my quality of life. I went from barely sleeping (nighttime, middle of the night are the worst times for me), not able to cook, clean, leaving work early, to basically sleeping through the night (not counting bathroom trips), being able to make dinner after work etc.

But, that's not what you asked! I had a hard time pinning down what worked for MS. Sometimes I just had to keep something in my stomach (other times that didn't help), I bought a bunch of preggo pops which are hard candies with essential oils to help morning sickness (I bought mine at Babies R Us) - they're a good distraction tool, I made sure I stayed hydrated...If I could have slept more, I would have but the MS made sleeping really, really difficult.

Bump.. Ideas guys? Super sick lately

Thanks BlingyGal- that's helpful- I'm getting my husband to check baby's r us right now :)

There's all sorts of things you could try: Ginger, peppermint, sea bands, eating small meals more often but ultimately you just have to ride through it :( personally i try to sleep as much as I can to make the days shorter. I'm still in the thick of it myself and mine normally goes on til 16 weeks so I could have a long way to go yet. Big hugs to you though because it's horrid and it's really hard not to let it get you down x

My doc suggested max strength vit b6. It's done wonders for me

Hugs hun I had it really bad in my pregnancies and waiting for it to hit me when I reach 6 weeks.

For me I had to go on medication if I didn't nothing would stay down. The best thing to do is to find things that agree with you and just stick to those foods. Bland food such as biscuits or crackers at your bedside will help to eat one as soon as you wake to line your tummy. I also found Ice pops or ice cubes helped in keeping me hydrated.

I hope it eases soon for you. X

I had it bad with my daughter, from week 6 to week 14 when it suddenly stopped one day. What worked for me was watermelon, popsicles, and sucking on mints all day every day. It's going to suck, but hang in there! And make sure you get plenty of fluids. I ended up in the hospital at 12 weeks with dehydration bc I had trouble keeping liquids down.

Thanks everyone :) I'll try some of those suggestions.. I haven't puked yet, thankfully!...but super nauseous and gagging, and that ' I'm gonna like' feeling in my throat. Oh the joys loll

Hi pumpkin. I'm hearing you. I'm 11 weeks and miserable. I don't want to take anti nausea tablets. I've been trying ginger but it hasn't helped. Last time I vomited until 32 weeks and had nausea until the day dd was born. I'm really hoping it goes away soon.

Feel your pain pumpkin, i had a rough time with my dd throwing up most days life was a constant gag and this time at 10 weeks ive been suffering with mostly just the gagging from 6 weeks.

I find i have to eat something or suck mints or boiled sweets its worse when walking places and i gag a lot but if i keep nibbling on dried fruit or biscuits its helps. Not helping with the weight gain much though i look huuuge :(

Ive tried all the ginger remedies seabands etc im having acupuncture and am on metaclopromide but they dont really seem to work.

Gl hope it passes soon xx

I've had nausea since my BFP but only been sick for first time today. I wasnt actually sick with DS until 12 weeks! It sucks but for me always having little snacks helps -crackers or weirdly tangfastics! and also fizzy water.

It has really sucked so far.. Since 4 weeks.. I'm worried about how long it's going to last.. :/. My husband picked me up some preggie pops.. But I'm having constant nausea.. Even at night it wakes me up.. And puked yesterday night. I actually called in sick to work today because I'm feeling so sick. I REALLY don't want to take medications... But I can't be missing tons of work. I'm a nurse, so it's not a low key job either... I'll try ginger tea maybe?

I'm going to get some ginger tea today too.

I feel you, I haven't puked yet, but several times a day I've nearly tossed everything and I have constant nausea.

I'm a bit surprised actually as with my first I had the constant nausea but not this early and I never really thought I was going to vomit. I wonder why my morning sickness is so much worse with this pregnancy?

I had horrible sickness. I told work I was pregnant and took some time off. Try eating small amounts of what ever you fancy. Sorry you are going through this but I've just started to feel better and I was able to eat my favourite cereal this morning and drink a cup of tea which is amazing. It will pass take care

Almonds and saltines were what I lived on!!! I have no sickness yet, (which of course makes me worry as I feel not pregnant at all!) but I am only 4.5 weeks so!

Stay away from acidic foods and stick to dry foods if you can!

I'm only in week 4 but was already starting to feel nausea shortly before my BFP and vomiting a bit a couple days ago, more yesterday. I bought sea bands which seem to be helping a lot and also bought some Tummy Drops--decided to get a bag of ginger and a bag of peppermint. The peppermint seem to work better for me. Hope you find something that works for you.

Thanks everyone,
I was actually started on diclectin not long after this.... I went about a week without being able to step foot in my kitchen, open the fridge or eating anything...I'd be throwing up..I also missed lots of work. It was exhausting and not good for baby or me.. so I filled the prescription and ever since pregnancy has been a breeze(so far!, lol). I also have seabands

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->