Home birth & birthing pool hire?

NicolleM.T.B.

Mummy to Ava <3
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Just wondered if any of you had experienced a home birth and hired a birthing pool? Was the birthing pool beneficial or next time would you just get in the bath? I'm looking at the price of hiring out a birthing pool and in total (including delivery) its about £200 for 5 weeks hire, does that sound reasonable? I havent decided on whether to have a home birth or a natural birth at hospital, however im starting to feel that a natural birth will be easier to achieve at home!! Any advice/insight would be great ladies thank you.:flower:

This will be my 1st homebirth and Im not having a pool but I will be using the bath for pain relief. we couldnt afford one and I didnt fancy using a kids pool as I would have to monitor the temp. Im just hoping the bath and gas and air will be enough pain relief.

Hello I'm hoping for a home water birth this time - fingers crossed!
The hire sounds a bit expensive to me, I've just bought la bassine pool incl accessories and delivery etc for £140 and the resale value can be good too - check on ebay :)

Hello. I agree with Mum2MJ. I have bought the la bassine one as well. I have not had a home birth before but hoping to this time. I gave birth to my little girl in the pool at the hospital and it was awesome. I felt relaxed the whole way through, could get into comfortable positions easily and I'm sure it helped with the pain. I managed with gas and air.
I don't know if you could give birth in the bath? Would need to be pretty big for you to be able to get into a comfortable position and midwife's would need to be able to get good access to you? I would have thought it could help with pain relief though. I always find a bath helps me when I'm achy or stressed out.

omg £200 for 5 weeks is pretty steep IMHO, I was going to hire a birth pool in a box it cost £80 for 5 weeks including all the kit you need the website is here https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/Our-Pools.html in the end I was lucky enough to be given one only had to pay postage.

Ooh I've had a nose at that site and am really pleased with the price compared to some I was looking at!

Silly question though.. It's 5 weeks hire (37-42 weeks I presume) .. What if I give birth at 38 weeks (here's to hoping)? Can the pool be picked up any sooner? xx

Silly question though.. It's 5 weeks hire (37-42 weeks I presume) .. What if I give birth at 38 weeks (here's to hoping)? Can the pool be picked up any sooner? xx

Definitely- I gave birth at 37+6 and they picked it up a couple of days later :)

Definitely- I gave birth at 37+6 and they picked it up a couple of days later :)

Thanks! I think these seem like the guys to go for then.. I was tempted to buy one but I don't think I can be bothered with the kerfuffle of selling it on afterwards when I'm attempting to look after a newborn! x

Thanks! I think these seem like the guys to go for then.. I was tempted to buy one but I don't think I can be bothered with the kerfuffle of selling it on afterwards when I'm attempting to look after a newborn! x

Yes, for me it was the issue of where to store it! If I have another baby and home water birth, £80 is a reasonable price for me to just pack it back up and have someone else deal with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->