home birth might not happen now?? :(

ladyjayne

Reaction score
Was told by a midwife the other day that flump is still breech and that if he hasnt turned by my next midwife appt (34weeks) we'd have to discuss other options to my home water birth. She's not my regular midwife, I saw her for Reduced movements, but shes really freaked me out now. I thought he still had plenty of time to turn. Does anyone know if a tilted uterus can stop them from turning as my notes say i have one? :shrug: and how dangerous is it to naturally deliver a breech baby?
Sorry for all the questions. lol

There's AGES yet!! I was still breech and planning a home birth at 38 weeks and there was no talk of alternatives at all!! I agree that you have plenty of time and also other options to encourage baby to turn before thinking about how and where you would birth a breech baby in the unlikely event baby stays that way. I'd also say if it's only from palpating that they think you're breech they may be wrong!! If you feel you have lots of time too and would rather not discuss other options until they look more likely to happen, then you can simply say so. :)

i was just thinking 34 weeks is still so early to be discussing other options and id ask for a scan to confirm. but at 30 weeks i wouldnt be concered theres loads of time for baby to turn (if it is infact breech) xxx

I agree. It's so early there is no way to anticipate what position bub will be in when you birth. Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about birthing a breech baby naturally. Where I live breech babies are just considered a normal but less common birth position and all of my friends have birthed their breech babies naturally, many of them at home...none have had any problems. I'm actually really surprised (and a little dismayed) to read at this forum of babies been born surgically just for being breech. Spinning babies org has lots of info on turning babies but, again, personally, I"d not even bother trying to turn a baby and would just birth them as usual although knowing they were breech I'd make sure I was in an upright position and that nobody handled the baby until fully born. Mary Cronk has some great information about birthing breech babies naturally and taught the workshops called "A Day at the Breech" which might offer you some more insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->