Home birth Question?

M

mummyclo

Hey ladies, i have been considering a home birth, but we have just moved into a flat? and wondered if this is ok?
My auntie is a midwife, and she is doing it with me.
Thanks ladies, just need some advice :thumbup:

I planned a homebirth whilst living in a flat, there was no problem...I moved house though by the time I was 14 weeks pregnant but the MW had me down as homebirth from the start and she knew I lived in an apartment.

You have a right to a homebirth no matter where you live, discuss it with your Auntie as I'm sure she will advise you. My house where I had DD was tiny, but there were no problems with me having my baby at home due to space.

Hi

in some areas of the country (i.e. London) majority of women live in flats or very small houses, I currently live in a flat and its really not a problem.

Soph x

Not a problem, had my daughter in my 2nd floor flat, we do have a lift though.

I'm planning a homebirth and I'm on the third floor of a new apartment block. Midwife knows and said it won't be a problem. The only thing she said was probably not a water birth, but having researched that's because of the weight of the pool, but as it's a new build we have concrete floors with a steel structure, so not a problem.

We don't have a lift, but if I can walk up and down 3 flights of stairs on a daily basis, everyone else should be able to. If I need to be transferred I'd do it sooner rather than later so I can get down the stairs at least partly under my own steam, so there are no worries there either. Worst case scenario is I'd have to be carried down the stairs, but I'm sure ambulance staff have had more difficult places to get people down from. (It's protocol in my area to transfer by ambulance if you start to labour at home and need to transfer at any point)

Research has been key for us, so make sure you read as much as you can. There are lots of useful links in this section :thumbup:

Im booked for a HB and live in a flat. Its mainly access they have an issue with. As long as you can be got to im sure it'd be ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->