Home birth

Not with the baby im expecting now, but I will definately being going for one with the next one!

No, i'm not, my friend did though with her second and she recommended doing it....

With this being my first i would much prefer to have in hospital, probably will with any future babies too, as you never know what might happen, theres pain relief there too! but thats just a personal choice, i know a lot of women prefer home births.

:) sounds like you are going down the same route I am wanting to samantha!
Have you had any opposition from MW or are you using an idependant one?

I probably will with my second one. At the very least I'll have it in a birthing center instead of a hospital. I'm not real happy about having it in a hospital this time, but we've hired a doula and will be staying home as long as possible.

I was!

Here are a few books you may like-

Birthing from Within
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
Childbirth Wisdom from the oldest societies (not really abt birth specifically but I like it a lot)

:) sounds like you are going down the same route I am wanting to samantha!
Have you had any opposition from MW or are you using an idependant one?

I am in the US and our birthing system is differs from the UK. Midwifes are not the norm, they are exception. Most women here use an OB/GYN. I had no interest in using one, I wanted a more natural birth so I sought a midwife. She pretty much just does home births. She has the first licensed birthing center in Texas, but few than 10 births there a year. Since it is behind her own home, I figured I might as well just stay at my house for the birth. The more reading I do about it, the more confident I am with my choice.

Oh and the Ina May book is AWESOME!!!

^That is so true. And in the USA some insurance companies do not want to cover midwives.

There's a book by Jennifer Block (Pushed) talking about how childbirth has become such a big business with hospitals, ob-gyns etc., and I wouldn't be surprised if it was difficult for some wives to be seen as legitimate and equally as safe as ob-gyns.

There is also a book called Gentle Birth Choices I kind of want to read.

Yes, I am a nerd. :D

Honey, I really feel that is so true in the US and that is why I want to stay away from an OB. It seem like they see pregnancy as a problem to be fixed. Misconceptions:truth. lies and the unexpected on the journey to motherhood by Naomi Wolf is good and focuses on that issue.

I also got very lucky, my insurance will cover 80% after the deductible.

Hopefully! I really want one, but it depends on if me and hubby can find a home in time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->