Home decor ideas please

pixielmh

Single mum of 4 Girls and bump
Reaction score
Ok come next year im lookng at decorating.We moved here in april and had so much on we left it nuteral but we really need to start but we have various things making us stuck for ideas.

Sun only enters back of house ie kitchen and our bedroom so rest of rooms ie older dds bedroom, bathroom and living room aré dull :(

Our other problem is our living room is tiny and badly setout, out frontdoor is in our living room and is dark brown and we have 1 small windown which is also framed dark brown so everytging dark inc our brown carpet.The carpet is new so dnt wanna replace it if possible, we rent privatly but landlord happy how we decorate.

Sooooo need ideas, we have cream walls at min but want a red theme in the living room but no idea how to start without making room any darker

I like feature walls.
The playroom is Red and Green. I wanted dark green walls, but it is thin, narrow and dark, so I went with one dark green wall, and the rest painted in apple white (very, very, very pale green). It made the darker colour look less imposing.
I then accented the dark wall with lots of red to break it up a bit.
We also went for very pale laminate on the floor to make it look wider.

We wall mounted the TV to create more floor space by getting rid of the TV cabinet.

Apologies, but the pics I have at the mo are christmassy!!

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/531961_10151714996806455_1278124311_n.jpg
https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1462878_10151714998256455_608034600_n.jpg

That looks really good.

Unfortunatly we cant afford to recarpet so gonnahave to stick with brown for a bit but we have no space.
The living room is square and one wall have front door and window on the tv on a made unit in corner and 3seater on wall opposite window which also has door to kitchen on.
Dunno if that makes sence lol but i have no idea what to do lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->