Home insemination with fresh sperm: advice?

WishnandHopn

Reaction score
So I'm recovering from an injury (broken elbow) and we haven't been able to BD. We tried once last week, but DH was too afraid of hurting me and couldn't finish. I'm CD3 today, so once AF is gone we will have practice run or two before my fertile window opens. If it's just not happening, insemination is my backup plan! I've been googling and it seems like either a sterile syringe or soft cup could work. Also sterilizing a glass collection jar as I write this. Anyone have success with either of these methods? Any advice on what to do/what not to do?

We use fresh donor sperm, pre seed or a conception lubricant is a good idea and we use a mix of syringe and softcup.

We insert with syringe, (just a calpol syringe) and leave it in so it doesn't all pour back out again (you live and learn!) and then legs up in the air...we then insert the softcup to keep it there.

We have just put it straight in cup and it's so much easier and less messy but we like to mix it up a bit and try different ways.

Good luck!

If I don't have a syringe available , can I use the applicators that come in the preseed box? I feel that might be a silly question , but I wanted to know

Thank you : )

No because it pours straight out. Only the lube is thick and gloopy enough to stay in it.
I tested with water to see. I also don't think they have adequate suction to draw it in unfortunately...a shame because they are a good length!

This was how I conceived my current pregnancy! I used 1ml medicine syringes (without the needle). Good luck!

This was how I conceived my current pregnancy! I used 1ml medicine syringes (without the needle). Good luck!

If you used a 1ml size , then surely the 5ml and 10ml ones the pharmacy gave me should work , I want to try the soft cup , but am a bit nervous about getting it positioned it the right spot and then it not coming back out easily : /

No because it pours straight out. Only the lube is thick and gloopy enough to stay in it.
I tested with water to see. I also don't think they have adequate suction to draw it in unfortunately...a shame because they are a good length!

Well darn , because they are a good length you are right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->