Home Made Baby Food!

Reaction score
Do you make your own baby food?
If so, i have a few questions!

What blender do you use? What are it's good points and bad points?

What food does your LO like best?

What is easiest to blend?

Which foods do you recommend and which do you think are best to stay away from?

Thanks!

I bought a mini blender and it is rubbish I found a hand held blender the best I think the mini blender will be ok when lo has more lumpy food lol.
As for food Katie loves sweet potato, carrots and blended fruits I tend to mix greens in with her sweet potato or carrots at the moment, we are moving on to adding chicken and fish next week as lo is 6 months.
I would try first tastes of different veg then mix some together to start, i've no problem with jar foods and tried once with a jar but Katie refused to eat it so I just make my own in batches now and freeze them it only takes 1 hour to make a weeks worth of food so not really time consuming.

What blender do you use? What are it's good points and bad points? We have a lindam mini blender and thats been great so far for us :D

Connah loves everything...and i mean everything you can think of. He like his daddy! lol

I would try with carrot,sweet potato,sweed,broccolli and cauliflower are easy too. Maybe cook some apple or pear and blend that too? Mix it with a bit of LO's normal milk to get the right consistancy.

Which foods do you recommend and which do you think are best to stay away from? Lots of veggies and fruit to start with. Obv avoid choccy,sugary puddings etc and meat/fish/eggs/cheese until LO is 6 months

Hope this helps xx

Yeah hand blender best. I started Olivia on purred carrott & potato, cauliflower & leek. Then after few weeks moved onto chicken, sweet potato & apple, fish, tomato & onion (all blended of course)

To start with keep it simple - she loved apple & pear aswell.

Baby Rice at the very start but I moved on from that after week as she didnt seem keen. x

What blender do you use? bought a mini blender and think it wokes well can just put food in mix add water if needed done. also a coffee grider to grind up rice befor cooking you can make youer own baby rice to add milk for brekky fruit for a pudding or meat and sours for meal.

What food does your LO like best? Lucas loves butter nut sqush and sweet potato

What is easiest to blend? you can blend any thing just add a bit of water it make it thinner

i have found this site really good tell you all you need just go to the foods for baby tab

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/stage2-baby-food-recipes.htm#nogo

weve a lindom mini blender there grt !!
morgan likes anything, chick/carrots/cauili/broccli/mash/chesse saucse/spag bol etc

What blender do you use? What are it's good points and bad points?
We have a Kenwood Mini Chopper and I find it really good

Parsnip is his fave and any fruit puree blended with some baby rice, he likes chicken too

Anything really, you need to add water/fruit juice/stock to get really smooth purees

Which foods do you recommend and which do you think are best to stay away from?
Veg which are sweet like parsnip, carrot, butternut squash and sweet potato are good to start with. Avoid citrus fruits and berries to begin with as they can be a bit harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->