Home made Mini Milks!

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
When I was first pumping I thought I'd do 'mom-sicles' with BM for the summer but I'm too lazy to pump these days...:blush:

Soooo the summer stuff is in the supermarkets now and OH picked some lolly makers up! :D

I've just put a couple of drops of vanilla essence in to full fat milk and popped them in the molds in the freezer! She LOVES mini milks and this is a fab cheap way of making them with no added sugar! :D

thanks lisa, what a fab idea! def giving these a go this week :happydance: xx

Awesome...I'm glad you posted this. I've been wanting to make the boys some vanilla milk, some people said I'd need some sweetener, some said the vanilla would be enough on it's own. I was going to try to do it the other day but never did lol. Do you think if I mix just a bit of vanilla extract with milk that will be good? Or do you think it needs something to sweeten..like agave nectar? I'm going to have to try freezing them too...after they eat the fresh strawberry popsicles I made that are in our molds now

I tasted the milk before I put it in the molds and it was really good! Yeah I think the essence is plenty sweet ;)

Ok thanks! I hate buying the vanilla milk already made but they love it, glad this works.

I suppose you could add some vanilla ice cream if you really wanted to thicken it if you have a nice 'crunchy' brand one you use ;)

Haha nope, we don't really give them ice cream besides the occasional trip to an ice cream shop. I buy Hayden vanilla rice milk and he loves it. There is a brand at our local health food store of regular vanilla cows milk but I'm sure it has alot of sugar, that's why I was hoping the extract would give the same flavor without that. I was thinking of trying the rice milk ice cream though...you ever had any?

No - I'm gonna watch out for that. We aren't big on ice cream either but the Mini Milks are soooo nice but of course there's the sugar....

thats a good idea :)

courtney has mini milks though, are they that bad??

good idea... I was thinking of doing yogurt/milk popsicles. And doing either fruites or just plain with vanilla.

1 for jasmine... 5 for mommy... ha ha... im such a piggy

Hebe couldnt manage hers so I 'helped' her.....waste not want not!!

Kerry - I dont think proper mini milks are bad but they obviously have sugar in them. This way they are sugar free and I only like the white ones anyway....:muaha:

:D

I reviewed them myself and they need a bit more vanilla than I thought. I think when the milk is frozen it hide the taste a little bit so you can afford for it to be quite vanillary ;)

Keep a tissue handy....they melt fast!! :)

Yum! Not sure what Thomas would make of it, he seems to be a bit unsure of ice cream because it is so cold! Might give it a go though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->