home made spaghetti bolegnese

Pinkfly

Mum of 2 boys & Pink bump
Reaction score
Just wondered how do you all make yours and what do you use..??:thumbup:

my secret ingredient is a heaped tbsp of brown sugar. balances the acidity of the tomatoes and it tastes fab!

I usually fry the mince, garlic and onion in a pan, add the mushrooms and tomatoes then a squirt of tomato puree and a tin of tomatoes then add to the cooked pasta :) I don't actually like spag bol but OH likes it and seems to like the way I make it LOL xx

Chop onion, carrots and celery really small, fry with some olive oil.
Add mince and brown.
Add tomatoes (also chopped small)
Add pepper and dried mint.
add some tomatoe puree and a oxo cube.

Fry onions and peppers add the mince
Drain any extra juices
Add 2 table spoons of tomato pure, 1 packet of passata, tin of tomato
simmer
Add mixed herb's 2tea spoons of gravy granules and lea and perrins to taste

Sam

i brown the mince with onions, add some mixed herbs and garlic paste then mix all in with a beef oxo cube to add more flavour i keep the fats in

then i add 2 cans of tomoatoes along with afew drops of wostersauce and some hotsauce and slowly cook for about an hour to soften the meat as im not a huge mince fan

I chop up a slice or two of smoked bacon and fry in olive oil, then add onion and garlic. Then add carrot (and celery if we've got any!) and fry off. I usually brown the mince in a separate pan, get rid of the extra fat, then add to the big pan but sometimes if I'm rushing I add it to the pan before the carrot. Then I add a tin of chopped tomotoes and some stock, a bay leaf, oregano, black pepper and leave to cook for as long as possible.

I agree with the sugar comment! I do it with all tomato sauces! ;)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"