Home Water Birthers please - Does this look a good value birthing pool?

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I saw this 'pool in a box' whilst browsing online and it seems to be pretty good value for money. My MW mentioned 'pool in a box', does anyone have any experience of using a birthing pool? Or any idea if this brand/style/size will be ok?

Thoughts appreciated :thumbup:

haha! oops no link!!!

https://www.homebirthsupplies.co.uk/product/4.Complete_birth_pool_package_HBS-BOM1R#

not sure about it i researched pool in a box and reviews not so good. Also looked at the aquadoula so over priced and finally decided on la bassine cost$ 125 us and when i filled it was amazed with size and quality. Lots of great reviews on it too.

That was the pool I had :flower:
I didn't really look at any reviews, just bought it because it was good value for money. It did the job and I had no complaints! The good thing is you can change the liner and use it again. It was pretty comfortable and most of the time I was leaning over the edge, the handles were good for when I was having a 'moment'.
The only thing I'd recommend is I think they have further accessories - the basic package doesn't give you anything to empty the pool with, so my husband and mum had to do it manually. It was a hell of a job using buckets to scoop out the water and ferry it to the toilet!

I've got the same one but the mini version, mines all blown up and it's great, good size too! The kit that came with it is brill too. x

Hi Hun

Just a thought to save you some money, I hired mine from a company which you get for 4 weeks and comes with absolutely everything you need i.e. new liner, 2 hoses, pump to empty and blow up, waterproof sheets and much more. This is the link, the staff are lovely and arranged delivery next day for me after I made my payment!!

https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk

I used one of these with my 3rd birth and was great.

Good Luck xx

Hello, I was hoping to have a water birth at home, I havent really started looking at which pool to get yet, do you think I can wait till later, or do you think I should start looking around now! Also is there any reason I cant just use a normal blow up pool??? (obviously it would have to be strong enough) as you can probably tell I havent really looked into this yet.. suddenly thought about the fact maybe I should!! any adivce would be appricated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->