towels
big pillow/cushion for kneeling
bedwetter sheets
baby clothes
receiving blanket
arnica tablets
witch hazel/tea tree oil

my silly preggo brain has shut down!

Hi Nuke :) I have bought some asda smart price shower curtains to put down anywhere I need to be waterproof. Also a bucket and you need a torch.

tazgirl, I was trying to figure out your joke when I read that you need a "bucket and a torch." Then I remembered that this is a UK site! In the US a torch is a "piece of wood or cloth soaked in tallow or an oil lamp on a pole, sometimes carried ceremonially."

ive got a cheap shower curtain too and a couple of buckets and was told by MW to get an angle poise lamp. i managed to get a cheap lamp in tescos for £7.

thanks for reminding me to get some arnica too tho x

Hi Nuke :) I have bought some asda smart price shower curtains to put down anywhere I need to be waterproof. Also a bucket and you need a torch.

what's the bucket for?!

tazgirl, I was trying to figure out your joke when I read that you need a "bucket and a torch." Then I remembered that this is a UK site! In the US a torch is a "piece of wood or cloth soaked in tallow or an oil lamp on a pole, sometimes carried ceremonially."

:haha: flashlight!

My MW told me to have a bucket with a bin liner in. I think it might be for soiled pads etc that can then be put in medical waste bag? x

What about nice food and drink for you and whoevers helping with the birth?

What about nice food and drink for you and whoevers helping with the birth?

that's something ive already thought of... but will need to be left until nearer the time- nice food doesn't last long round here atm! :haha:

what's the bucket for?!

:haha: flashlight!

Think its for soiled pads as mentioned or for being sick into or the placenta or anything really that would be easily caught in bucket :haha:

I was just coming to ask this question!

Did your MW give you a list of things you'll need?

My MW never gave me a list of things to have, but she gave me a checklist of things to think about. I used that and BnB to plan the things I need.
One thing I've got is a really old double quilt that is destined to be binned and put an old quilt cover on it , I am going to put this on the floor with sheets to make it comfy and then I can use it on the settee straight after and once we're all cleaned up it can be thrown xx

My MW never gave me a list of things to have, but she gave me a checklist of things to think about. I used that and BnB to plan the things I need.
One thing I've got is a really old double quilt that is destined to be binned and put an old quilt cover on it , I am going to put this on the floor with sheets to make it comfy and then I can use it on the settee straight after and once we're all cleaned up it can be thrown xx

ohhh good idea, I have one I've just put into one of those hoover bag things! Knew there would be a reason to keep it!!!

ohhh good idea, I have one I've just put into one of those hoover bag things! Knew there would be a reason to keep it!!!

Yeah, this one smells foisty and of stale milk GROSS but I dont mind binning it then.
x

Is "foisty" another UK thing? Had to Google it. I guess it's the same as musty?

Had no idea you guys had another word for musty.

It might be a colloquialism too. It's quite a Yorkshire word I think x

Do you pronounce is F-o-o-s-t-i-e- FF? Or is it a totally different word to what we use LOL!

ive never heard of foisty lol!

yeah my mw made suggestions, the only thing we NEED is to sort a little area in the room ill be giving birth for them to see to the baby if they need to. and towels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->