• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homebirth in bathtub?!

Mummy2Corban

Mumma to 6
Reaction score
This is my 3rd bubs and I think I'd like a homebirth. First labour was on labour ward and second on midwife led. Both natural. Now I'm wondering can you labour and deliver in your bath? Is this a crazy question or is it possible? I have a P shaped bath so it's fairly big.

Any advice would be super!

Thank you xx

I dont see why you couldn't but personally I would prefer a pool as tbe water level is higher so coveres you bump and you can sit up and still be in the water. I would discuss it with your midwife and see what they say. All the best :) xx

I guess you are limited in the bath. I'll have a chat with my midwife though. Thanks Hun xx

My s-i-l delivered her two older girls in the bathtub at home (midwife led labors and birth) and I know a lady around here who has done it with her two youngest (self labor and DH delivered the babies). It's totally doable as long as you feel comfortable doing it that way.

I've said to my midwife I'd like a homebirth but I guess I'll see when I'm bigger how easy it is getting in and out and moving about in there. It might not work!

Xxx

The MW suggested that I try labouring in the bath and the water felt nice but I found it too restrictive. I needed to stay on my feet and keep moving around. I've seen birth videos of babies being born in the bath though.

I don't think I would have been able to do it in a bath personally as I was on my knees in the birth pool leaning on the edge as it was the least painful position. I think I would want a few options on positions I could be in so if your bath does that it would probably be ok.

Thanks ladies. I think a pool is a better idea really but I was in the bath and it got me wondering! I guess I'll know closer to the time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->