Homebirthing twins

Hannah C

Reaction score
Has anyone else birthed their twins at home? How did it go?

This is my first pregnancy, and (before I fell pregnant) I always though that I would have my baby at home, but now that I am having twins, I wonder if it is a better idea to have them at birthing centre?

I briefly talked to my midwife about my thoughts, and she said that she would prefer to deliver them at a birth centre, but she would be willing to home birth (with a back-up midwife present) if that is what I wanted to do.

Obviously, I have some way to go before delivery, and the viability of a home-birth will be decided by our health and the babies' positions closer to the time...

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a twin home-birth? Any ideas? Tips?

Oh wow! I have seen a few clips on you tube with twin HB's, and it sounded so wonderful! The hombirthing program I am going through won't HB multiples! I was so nervous this time, as I really wanted my last birth to be at home (both previous births were at the BC), and I was so scared I could've been pg with twins, as I popped SO early! thankfully there was only 1, so we can go ahead!

Good luck with whatever you decide, and I wish you an empowering first birth! :)

There's info on https://www.homebirth.org.uk/ re twin home births both for and against.

Wow - you must have a very supportive midwife! I think it would be hard to find one that would be willing to homebirth twins. If I were you, I would definately look into lots of research about birthing twins and about homebirthing twins.
Personally I probably wouldn't feel comfortable having a homebirth with twins, but if, after you have looked into it, are happy and your midwife is willing, that's brilliant!
PS - Are you in NZ?

gosh you are a brave lady!!

I'd be booking my C section with twins I think !!!

Most women in the UK opt for a c section due to the risks but if that's what you want..... go for it!

The babies would prob have to be BOTH head down unless your MW is experienced in breach deliveries.

hope you get what you want.

xxx

gosh you are a brave lady!!

I'd be booking my C section with twins I think !!!

Most women in the UK opt for a c section due to the risks but if that's what you want..... go for it!

The babies would prob have to be BOTH head down unless your MW is experienced in breach deliveries.

hope you get what you want.

xxx

I would assume most women in the UK opt for a C-section more because they're scared into it. They'll tell them all about the risks of the "what-ifs". But fail to explain the risks with all the cutting and medicine they plan to use.

WOW! good for you !! I am still TTC, but I hope to have a homebirth too. If it is what you want and are well read up on the subject then hold your ground! its your body and your birth! good luck!!!

Hmmmm ok well what I know about homebirthing you could write on a postage stamp BUT I do have twins.

I delivered my boys naturally Fynn (T1) was head down and Sam (T2) breech - personally I wouldnt have considered home birthing but then again I dont think I would have with one so not sure how valid my opinion is to you.

When I was labouring Sams heartrate dropped as Fynn was facing the wrong way - god knows what would have happened if I hadnt been in the hospital.

Best of luck in your decision - I truly felt amazing not having a c-section and wasnt pressured into it at all. In the UK if both babies are breech they strongly advise against a natural delivery at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->