Homemade baby food? Help!!

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
Does anyone make their own baby food at home, and if so, would you be willing to post a couple recipes for dinner type foods (or links to a website with recipes)?

I am having major jaw problems (TMJ) and cannot chew at ALL right now, so I'm on a totally liquid diet...not so easy given that I am 23 weeks pregnant and STARVED out of my mind!!:dohh: I've done fruit smoothies in the blender, yogurt, soup broth, milk...that's about all I can come up with. Even mashed potatoes are too thick, I need food that is thinner. I'm hoping some of you might have some baby food ideas that could work for me! Someone told me you can make a regular meal and put it in the blender, but I don't know how to thin it or what foods works best...sorry, totally clueless here! :shrug: Ideas for meats and veggies would be most welcome!

I don't have recipes for you, but you can add any liquid to any food to thin it in the blender. Water, milk, juice, broth. I would think for savoury food you may want to add extra seasoning if you thin it with water.

For cooked veg I would always use the boiling or steaming liquid to thin in the blender to attempt to keep extra flavour or nutrients.

I've never pureed meat, but I would probably opt for a homemade broth to thin it if I did :)

Hope you're feeling better soon!

No advice (other than to check out the weaning section for recipes) but I hope you get better soon.

Thank you both! I didn't realize there was a weaning board, I'll go check them out now! :thumbup:

You poor thing, how awful to not be able to eat properly.

I used Annabel Karmel recipes for my LO when he was being weaned and there were very tasty veggie combinations (probably meat too but I'm veggie). I'm sure you could find a few online as they are quite popular here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->