Homemade gifts!

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
Anybody making anything?

I've decided I'm going to make soaps for my sisters & their partners.

I was going to make Starbucks/sundae/cupcake candles, but was sat up until 1am watching soap videos on youtube :haha: I'm going to do them in the shape of doughnuts and try make them look and smell as real as possible.
All the ingredients and accessories come to £33 which works out to be around £6.60 per person! Each person will have 6 soaps each. Left over product will be used on us for stocking fillers.

I have some left over soya wax from last year, so I might even make some wax melts too.

Very creative!

I don't really do handmade gifts but I might make sloe gin or something. I do make my dog biscuits though!

I made a quilt for my friend's daughter. I also plan to make fleece blankets for my son and nephew. I'm also making my son a couple bags because he likes to pack lots of tiny tractors and cars in the one he had.

I'm also making several types of bags/purses for family and friends.

Oh hun sound amazing!!

Little question how easy was it to make soya melts?

Xxx

Oh hun sound amazing!!

Little question how easy was it to make soya melts?

Xxx

Very easy! Melt a cup of soya wax (either in the microwave or over a pan of boiling water) once it's like water mix a colourant (liquid drops/mica powder/wax crayon) into it until your colour is desired. They tend to dry lighter than the colour in the liquid formation. Add a few drops of fragranced oil or wax and distribute into silicone molds. Let them cool for a few hours on the side or in the fridge for 20 mins and pop them out once set :) xx

Ahhhh thank you honey. I've been looking at it but most of them say use a double burner etc and I didn't fancy that!

Gonna give it a bash hun thank you xxx

We tend to 'make' home made gifts for the kids teachers but not as creative as you. The first year we did reindeer glass jars filled with reindeer noses and last year reindeer flower pots filled with sweets. I haven't thought about this year yet thought, will have to get on Pinterest!!

Love the idea of making dog biscuits. There are 3 dogs i buy for but never know what to get them. We will be doing chocolate sleighs for teachers again, i had ds nursery teacher mention them the otherday. He is in year 2 now, so they must have been a hit. Insence stick holders, and clay photo holders are my ideas so far this year. Im sure i will come up with more.

That sounds like a lovely and special idea :)

There's a program on e4 (I think?) at the moment in the UK called Craft It Yourself, I've had a few gift ideas from that so far!

There's a program on e4 (I think?) at the moment in the UK called Craft It Yourself, I've had a few gift ideas from that so far!

Ooh! I will definitely have to check that one out. I usually look on pinterest and youtube for ideas and how-to's. Has there been any for children?

Ooh! I will definitely have to check that one out. I usually look on pinterest and youtube for ideas and how-to's. Has there been any for children?

There's certainly been ideas that you could adapt to do with children/adapt to make for children, but it is mainly aimed at adults I think. There was an idea for making tea light holders out of clay and spray painting them to look like stone that I thought looked like a good idea! They had making soaps and homemade flower-pressed wrapping for them on last week's episode.

Ive just purchased a lego brick mould going to try and make some lego brick crayons for the kids stockings if they go well i will make some for the other kids in the family

Ive just purchased a lego brick mould going to try and make some lego brick crayons for the kids stockings if they go well i will make some for the other kids in the family

That's a fab idea! I guess I could try it with my doughnut molds too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->