Homeschooling???

3boys

Reaction score
Hi i have just started to homeschool my 4year old and i was wondering if anyone else has homeschooled that could share their experiences with me?

I'm planning to homeschool Aaron but he's not even two yet so I can't offer much advice! I was homeschooled myself for the last four years of secondary school and loved it. Good luck, I hope it goes well for you and your son!

I am currently homeschooling my 4yr old, but only for this year, he is very advanced for his age but they won't allow them into real school until they are 5 by sept of that year...so he has to wait til next Sept to start. So this year I'm homeschooling him

a friend of mine homeschools her kids, but I'm not planning to as I definetly don't agree with it! good luck though!

I'd love too but don't feel qualified and with him being an only child I think he needs the social side but I'll def be helping him with the basics so he has a head start before school starts. Good luck :)

I'm going to be home educating my lot, and I was home educated myself. There are a lot of home education forums and websites out there.

I went to public school half my life, and homeschooled the rest of it.

I personally think homeschooling is a GREAT option. In the US they have the "No Child Left Behind" initiative and instead of TEACHING the kids things, all they do is focus on passing a standardized test each day or whatever... so basically no kid gets left behind because they stunt the intellectual growth of all the other kids LOL. Dunno where you live, but school seems to have become more and more like that in most areas, Canada included.

With homeschooling you can actually adjust the pace for your child and teach him in a way that's entirely customized for HIM. You can also add so much more to the curriculum that they just don't have time to teach in regular schools.

The most important thing, though, is that when doing homeschooling, to make sure you find other ways for your child to socialize. Clubs, sports, playdates, etc. are extremely important.

I'm going to be unschooling my little boy when the time comes and i cant wait! good luck in your homeschooling journey x

I'm going to be unschooling my little boy when the time comes and i cant wait! good luck in your homeschooling journey x

what does unschooling mean??

What is unschooling?

Have you ever described 'red' to a person who is color blind? Sometimes, trying to define unschooling is like trying to define red. Ask 30 unschoolers to define the word and you'll get thirty shades of red. They'll all be red, but they'll all be different. Generally, unschoolers are concerned with learning or becoming educated, not with 'doing school.' The focus is upon the choices made by each individual learner, and those choices can vary according to learning style and personality type. There is no one way to unschool. Click here for more definitions.

click on the underlined unschooling hun. That is a nice idea but is it possible? or allowed?

click on the link in im_mi's post where it says unschooling :hugs:

Homeschooling is not allowed over here. Or perhaps only if you have a degree in it, though I doubt it. I always thought it was a shame, because I would not have minded to teach my children.

Unschooling is totally allowed, that's how I was taught. Legally, everyone must provide their children with an education but there are no rules to say what form that education must take. In England this may be soon to change, with a proposal by the Badman Report that all home educators must register with the council, there's a lot of uproar about this as the same rules and standards will not be applied to schools.

Personally I'll be unschooling, but I prefer the term home education.

well i live in Ireland and its perfectly legal i just have to register with the board of education when Ryan turns 6, they will send someone out to make sure that i am giving him an education and thats it. Alot of people dont register but it causes problems with child benefit if you don't.

i once read that children are eagre to learn...... till they start school!
i think this un-schooling looks interesting. i would like to learn more about it.

i passed the school my lo would go to and the teacher was shouting at these 2 little boys, about 6 yrs and they couldnt have done anything so bad for the way she was going on - it looked like she was getting a kick out of it - i thought in 30yrs nothing has changed! teachers are still stuck up bullies, so teaching mine myself might be something i would do as i have the time etc.

I'll be following this thread with interest. Our little girl is 4 months and we plan to homeschool her. There is some good info online. Homeschooling is definitely allowed xx

Probably a bit early to be thinking about it... but I would like to homeschool. Maybe things will be better in a few years, but it seems to me that nursery and school education is increasingly about goals and targets and structures rather than actual learning... it all seems so stressful, even for the littlest ones...

I def won't be homeschooling. Do you include goign to clubs etc in homeschooling for social interaction with peers the same age?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->