Honest opinions on this name please!!

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
Found out having a boy this morning yay! Anyway I have a name that I've always liked but a lot of people I have told really don't like it so thought I'd ask your opinions ladies please! The name is Vinnie.. I know everyone is immediately thinking of Vinnie Jones but try and remove that image from your heads and think of the name.. Is it chavvy??!! Help!!! X

Its ok, I don't actually know anyone thats not famous called Vinnie. Goes well with Halle...I also find the best policy is not to tell people what you are planning and then just name your baby - everyone has an opinion or knows someone they didn't like with the name you love!

Thanks for the reply! I just didn't want to be one of these people who names their child something and nobody likes it, my mum said ifs an old
East London gangster name :-/ and obviously I don't want people hearing that name and automatically thinking of a naughty child x

It's ok, I prefer Vincent shortened to Vinnie, then if he doesn't like it when older, he can be Vincent or Vince.

I agree with pp I like Vincent or Vince but personally, Vinnie makes me think crazy Italian mafia dude (sorry! :blush:).

What's important is that you love it though, who cares what other people think? :shrug:

I dont know who Vinnie Jones is so I have no prejudice.....but sorry, not a fan at all.

I would also use Vince, Vinnie sounds Italian not chavvy

Personally Im not keen Although to be fair i dont have any specific negative thought on the name just I don't know i prefer more traditional classical names x

Really appreciate your feedback everyone, it's so hard choosing names especially for boys lol x

Really appreciate your feedback everyone, it's so hard choosing names especially for boys lol x

We were the same. Boys were soooo much harder than girls! I just pray we never have another boy as we have no names left we agree on!! :haha:

I'd use Vincent, then shorten to Vince or Vinnie :)

Yeah I think we should have that too maybe.. If this name rly doesnt wash with everyone I know then it will be Oliver John x x

Ha ha... my Mom says I had an imaginary friend named Vinnie when I was six. So gangster is definitly not my first thought. I may be biased though. :)

Love, very different. My uncle named his son Vinnie and i think its cute for a little lad :) x

I'd definitely go for Vincent and then you have the option of not using Vinnie if it doesn't go don well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->