Hope for all of you.

liola

Trying for our first
Reaction score
Hello everyone i thought this might be a bit of hope for those who have premature babies. My names Liola and I was born about 3months and a few weeks prem. I was so small that I could fit inside a little butter container. The doctors told my grandmother (my mother an father were young and abandoned me so my grandmother took care of me.) they told her that I had a few days to live. By the end of those few days the doc told my grandma that even though I was still alive not to be to hopeful and they gave me a week. My grandmother was a spiritual woman and was a high believer in natural medicine. Plant roots and such. She grew up on the land being Maori (native people of new Zealand) She also worked for the regional council. she was a wonderful woman and knew a lot about herbs. She was given the right to be able to take me home to die at the family house. The doctors couldn’t believe that in a few days I was still alive and starting to do well. My grandmother told me that they were in disbelief and couldn‘t believe it when she took me in. She told them that she was feeding and also treating me with natural medicine. She continued that right up till I was about a few months old and well enough to come home. When I had breathing problems and bad asthma she would take care of me we used natural medicine all the time. I believe without the love and support of my grandmother I would not have made it. Now I’m 23 went through normal school and university even though the doctors said I would have learning problems and not be very bright because of less brain development. My grandma didn’t believe them. She never treated me like I was ******** or slow even though the doctors said I would be, she treated me like any other child and I grew up normal. She always told me that I was what I set my mind too. So never give up. And do what you think is right. I wish all of you the best and hope it all goes well. Kisses to all those little bitty babies out there.:kiss::baby:

i love these stories! i was a 3 month preemie too, now 25, but fortunate enough to have technology availble at the time.

My husbands uncles was born at 28 weeks, they kept him in a shoe box next to the fireplace and no-one was allowed in the living room to see him til he grew.

Yes me too i was kept near the fire in a little box.

So glad to read a positive preemie story! My little man was 3 lbs 10 oz at birth but now at 6 months he's almost 17 lbs so he's catching up well. We are still waiting to see about the development issues, but I am hoping he will catch up by his first birthday.

im glad you started this thread because my sister was talking to a security guard in her condo and the security guard told her that her mother was premature. When her mother was born she was so small the doctors told her to go home their is nothing they can do this happened in 1934. So her grandmother took her mother home and laid her in a shoe box in front of their wooden stove to keep her warm and fed her breast milk in a spoon. well its now 2011 the daughter of the premature baby told my sister this story all of this happening in 1934 in Canada. yes miracles happen and the human spirit is not meseared in size.

I was a premmie too born @35 weeks. weird as my LO was born 35 weeks developed @ 38 weeks (if that makes sense!) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->