hope i dont offend anyone- premature baby clothes

Lexi mummy

Reaction score
Hi

my little girl was stillborn in december 2008 and i am currently pregnant with my second daughter. my daughter alexis was stillborn as my placenta stopped working and she suffered bad IUGR and only weighed 2 lbs 4 ounces. when she was born she was put in a new born outfit which was far too big. so far this pregnancy is gong well however i could be joining you ladies in the future as placental failure has upto a 50% repeat rate. a nice lady gave me the link to this site https://www.prem2pram.co.uk/ who do clothes from 1lb +. i dont know much about babies being premature and whether babies are dressed or just in their nappies i dont know. so sorry if i offend but i just wanted to share this site with you as i know some shops like mother care are expensive for premature baby clothes :hugs:

x

Hiya Lexi!

Thanks for the link, could be useful for some of the ladies (& gent!) who have recently arrived in this forum.

Generally babies wear just a nappy while in the incubator, which is maintained at a warm temperature. Once they stabilise and are progressing, they start being dressed - ready for promotion into an open cot, one of the joyous "woohoo" moments of baby's development.

Some units supply clothing, others ask you to bring it in yourself. My NICU did both, but didn't like a "mix" - either all their clothing, or all your own - as it makes it easier for them to know whether to put clothes into their washing loads or not. Andrew started in unit clothing when he was tiny, but in the last two weeks I switched over to his own clothes from home.

Anything else you want to know about premmie babies, just ask! Stay positive :D

Lexis mummy I just want to give you big hugs :hugs:

Thanks for the link. I hope your LO doesn't arrive early but if they do, you will get lots of advice & support from here if you need it :hugs:

hi hun, truly sorry to hear about your first baby girl. Thanks for the link, please let us know how you get on, wishing you a long and healthy pregnancy xx

Yes, you don't have to wait until you have your baby before posting in here! I posted a few weeks before the birth, when I had questions about preemies, and the ladies were very lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->