Hopefully I can get some opinions on this...

JPARR01

2 girls and 1 boy otw!
Reaction score
So we cannot start to ttc again till June because of the Methotrexate shot in March, but, since getting my first AF on May 9, I decided I would track my ovulation. I use the CBFM and the Clear Blue Digital Ovulation sticks (smiley face ones).

Well I got my first high reading on the CBFM on Saturday the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and today the 24th (no peak yet). I test at about 7 a.m. every day on the monitor.
I just took the clear blue digital ovulation test about 20 minutes ago and got a smiley face. Why didn't I get a peak reading this morning on the CBFM??

So confused!

UPDATE: 4:53 p.m. - Just took another Clear Blue Easy Digital test and no smiley face now! WTH is up with that?!?!?!?!?!?

Wish I could help but I have no idea! What is CBFM? How is this different than the smilely face sticks (which I use)??

CBFM is the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. Maybe I just got my surge late morning/early afternoon and it didn't get picked up on the monitor this morning. All I know is I got some killer cramps!

This is all so confusing. I do not temp in the morning and just use the monitor and the digital OPK's.

I used the OPKs but have never used CBFM so this is just a guess but you only get your smiley face just before you ovulate, does CBFM peak when you actually ovulate?

I tried those sticks, only to find out I did not ovulate. I have heard of people who tested no surge, and 12 hours later, detected it. It may just be how your body works. Wish I could give you the answer you want to hear.

Hello hun... the thing is ... you might have a SUPER short surge.. some people do in as little as 6 hours... so it could be that you started surging after .. especially since Lh is @ it's lowest in the AM when you're using the monitor. I'd keep testing.. bc you can surge and not O... I'm sorry you're going through the confusion :( I always used 2 different ways of testing with opk's.. just bc one might pick it up sooner than the other. I'd be curious to see what your monitor says tomorrow morning! :hugs:

Yea, I am curious to see what it says also.

It is also so confusing cause I did another digital OPK before and negative(no smiley) UGHH!!!

My CBFM still was reading a high this morning. I think that this is the first month using it that maybe I will not get a peak till second month because it is getting to know my cycle. Well I will see next month and pray I get my BFP next cycle!

Ahh that's true.. if it's your 1st month using it.. that makes sense. At least you have a good idea of when you're O'ing for next month! I'm excited for you that you get to TTC next month!!!! LOTS AND LOTS of dust for you!!!

:dust:

thank you so much holly! :hugs: We are super excited to start ttc again! :happydance:

So out of curiosity I took another digital Clear blue easy OPK (smiley) and it was just positive again! WTH!

Well~ you must be still surging.. I've gotten positives 2 days in a row..

Geez! It's all just so confusing. Thanks for responding Holly... I appreciate it! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->