Hoping to find some advice here on heart blocks?

Its the fear of the unknown thats the worst bit!

I think as well when they say "heart" you panic big time as its obviously what keeps us alive.

Its great that they have found it early and a plan can be put into place (still scary stuff), means your already in the loop, some children dont get picked up until they are born and then its panic stations.

I used to get so grumpy coming up to appiontments, felt that any enjoyment of my pregancy had gone.

I know exactly what you mean. I was so sick in the first trimester and then it got better and I was thinking phew the worst is over and then this. I don't think I've enjoyed being pregnant one bit :(

I hated it.......sounds daft but felt a bit robbed........felt i couldnt get excited about anything......didnt buy my pram till last min.....Just kinnda felt empty but every time my darling boy booted me in the ribs i knew it would be ok!

Also i had 100% trust in Dr Walayat, i still do...........if you get him you may not like him at first but hes a grower such a lovely man who knows his stuff.

Ok, I will keep that in mind. Yeah, whenever I'm sad, LO gives me a kick, like he knows I'm feeling blue and worrying and he's letting me know he's still there. :flower: It's a good feeling.

Awww bless him, Its going to be a fair old rollercoaster till he's here but as you said he will be the one that will decide what his fate will be!

I am putting money on him doing great, hes just making sure he gets his moneys worth of the NHS!

Righto my beddie is calling....................i know that you will spend every night tossing and turning going over it all in your head......why me? why my baby? etc etc etc i know i did...........special people are picked to have special babies.

Night night xx Stay in touch xx

Thanks for everything! :) It was great talking with someone who knows what it's like to be at Yorkhill and Ninewells :hugs:

Just had a wee look on theheartline forum there are 4 or 5 mummies whos children haveheart block.

will post a link for you but one of them is on my face book

My name is Alexs mum

No worries hun, glad to help as i said anything you wanna ask or even rant feel free, also the ladies on heart line are fabbie i wish i had found it when i was pregnant xx

https://www.heartline.org.uk/forums/index.php

Hiyas! I was just going to get on and find the thread :). I am seeing Dr. Walayat on Wednesday. There is nothing structurally wrong with LO's heart, it's just this electrical impulse. Gonna post more in my journal just now. Thanks for thinking of us xx

Will find your journal and start stalking if thats ok????

Good luck for Dr Walayat we are due to see him next month but in Aberdeen x

Just saw this. Must be very worrying for you. Hope that ur consultant is looking after you and reassuring you. I hope it 'rights' itself when hes born and he doesnt need any surgery. :hugs:

Do you mind me asking how it was picked up? Do they do it at ur anomaly scan? x

Just saw this. Must be very worrying for you. Hope that ur consultant is looking after you and reassuring you. I hope it 'rights' itself when hes born and he doesnt need any surgery. :hugs:

Do you mind me asking how it was picked up? Do they do it at ur anomaly scan? x

:hugs: At this rate, it won't be likely to correct itself after birth and he will need a pacemaker.

It was picked up at a routine 25 week appointment at the birthing centre. The midwife heard a strange sound while listening on the doppler. She called in the head midwife to listen as well and they both agreed it didn't sound quite right and they wanted to get it checked out. So I went over to the hospital for an emergency ultrasound and that's when they discovered it. It's very rare, but one explaination for it is having lupus antibodies, which I do and didn't know until they did the blood test on me after discovering his heart block. Hope that explains it well enough :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->