Hopsital water birth?

Mummy2Angel.

Mason & Max's Mummy
Reaction score
Ok so i'd like to have a birth with no pain relief (only tens) at the start, and then move into a pool, the hopsital im going to does have water birth facilities, but how do i go about requesting this? Do i just mention it to midwife?

The hospital I'm attending only has one birth pool and it's on a strictly a first come first serve basis. I would talk to your midwife or ring your attending hospital and ask what the proceedures are! I would get it written in your birth plan too.

Generally you have to hope that the birth pool is available at the hospital for you to use, because it's usually a first come first served basis. Definately mention it to your midwife and make sure to make a point of it in your birth plan.

The reason I chose to birth at home was to guarantee that I could use a pool as my local hospital only has one and it's a very busy hospital!! x

I am also hoping for a water birth in the hospital - it's a case of first come first serve.
I'be been advised to ring early in labour and let them know so that they can put the room aside if possible.

i am hoping to have a hospital water birth, but there is one pool and its first come first served.
according to my midwife it is rarely used and the chances are it will be available but there are no certainties.
There is the option to labour in big on-suite corner baths in my hospital but delivery has to be out of the bath.

You'd need to speak to your midwife about it later on, and maybe take a hospital tour to find out what they have to say about it.
xx

Hey hun, I think I got lucky as at my local hospital there are pools in most of the birthing rooms, but I made sure to write in my birth plan that I wanted a water birth. Just make sure that your midwife is well aware of your desires and that way you've got a decent chance :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->