Hormone Levels after mmc and d&c??

Daisymay72

Reaction score
Very sadly at our 10 week scan it showed our baby had stopped growing at 6 and 1/2 weeks. Horrible shock, as we had a scan at 6 plus 2 and all was well, we saw the heart beating strong. I had no cramping, no spotting and no bleeding - although that said I really didn't feel pregnant, no sickness, no even feeling sick, perhaps a little more tired than normal, so I suppose somrthing wasn't 100% right.

On a good and positive note, the NHS was very good, I went in for a D&C the next morning, the staff were incredibly kind, and touching wood I have had no pain or bleeding (D&C was a week ago).

I just feel in limbo at the moment, physically I am fine, mentally not so great, we were ttc for over a year (no fertility problems identified) and so were over the moon. I am 38 and really feel we are running out of time, so big sigh of releif when the test was positive.

One of the reasons I feel in limbo is that my GP has said to just wait for my period, could be 2 weeks, could be 6 weeks. I asked if I could be tested to see if my hormone levels were dropping to make sure all was going ok. He told me to do a pregnancy test, and that would show when my levels had dropped.

It may have been too early (medically and mentally) to do a test today, a week after D&C, but it still showed positive.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this, any advice, if their GP suggested pregnancy tests, and when hormone levels dropped? I am assuming no period until levels have dropped back to "not pregnant".

One other thing, assuming I had never been pregnant, my period would have been due this coming weekend. Does your cycle after a MMC / D&C, tend to follow, pick up where it should have been?

Thank you in advance

xx

Your experience is very similar to me. I too had a mmc at 10/11 weeks and the baby had died at 6 weeks and 1 day.
I had a d and c and had very minimal bleeding. I tested positive for a week but then ran out of tests. 2 weeks after I tested again and got a BFN and my blood test was 7.2.
I took OPks to see if I Ovulated but it faded to darker then faded out without getting poitive. I did end up oing though and got my AF right on schedule after what I thought was O day. We did end up TTv and BDed during that time. I did not want to waste time. We did not get pregnant but I am glad we tried, made me feel more proactive and that not as sad.
I counted the D and C day as CD 1.
Hope that helps it is just my experience.
Feel free to ask any questions. I only miscarried last month so it is all new to me, but we are hoping to get pregnant quicker this time. Took us 11 months last time.

Not sure how to edit posts TTv = TTC sorry for the other typos too. Should read before I post :dohh:

With my ectopic after the surgery, the HPTs were still positive for 2 weeks after, before they went negative. My first AF was about 40 days after the surgery. I think because they scrape the lining it seems to take more time to get a regular AF back after D+C, just by my observation reading about others experiences.

Daisymay, your experience is so similar to mine.

We had been TTC for a year before getting our longed-for :bfp: on 21st February this year. Like you, I had absolutely no signs of problems - no spotting or cramping etc. Got to 12 week dating scan to discover :baby: had stopped developing around 6 weeks :cry: But sac and placenta had continued to grow so my body still thought it was pregnant :nope: I had medical management for mc the week after, which thankfully worked well. I bled for 2 weeks in total but most of this time was just spotting.

I got a negative HPT 12 days after my medical management, the same day in fact that I had my follow-up scan which confirmed all was clear :thumbup: Before this I was still getting faint positives.

Re AF, my first cycle was 38 days counting the medical management as day 1. I am now on CD19 of the next cycle and not got a peak on my fertility monitor yet, been 'high' since CD12! So not sure if I'm going to even ov or not :shrug:

Like you, I am very much feeling the pressure of time. I turned 37 on Sunday :wacko: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->