Hormones leading to bad decisions

crownest

Reaction score
So I had myself prepared to have my baby thousands of miles from friends and family while my husband worked away for 10 days home for 5. I have all my baby stuff. Now my husband has been laid off and we are talking about returning home but I have now set my heart on it. I'm 23 weeks so time is ticking to safely fly and pack up. The thing is I think I now want to go even if my husband gets another job, I'm unsure of weather I'm making a rationale decision or is it the hormones. If I stay i will have little help and quite possible be practically housebound due to my joints and -30 weather, if I go home my MIL and SIL are 5 minutes away and I only be 3 hours from my family but we will have to share an apt with my BIL for few months before we can move back to my apartment. My head is spinning

Personally i prefer to be in my own place and do things my way with out I laws interference..but ive been living this way for so long i am so used to it..why dont you just leave it to see if he gets a job or not

I should clarify that I get on really well with my IL so living near them is a plus, they respect boundaries yet are always there for me. They really are like my other family. When my husband worked away I used to go for Sunday dinner I usually ended up staying an extra night or two.

It would be a shame not to be close to your husband during the time you have your baby and during its first months. A baby is only little once, you don't realise until after how fast that time passes, and you don't get it back again. I can totally understand why you would want to be closer to the support of family and friends though. I think it is sensible to want both husband and family close, not just the hormones speeking. You are just feeling torn because you are in a position of choosing between the two. I don't know what your circumstances are so can't say what you should do but loosing his job and new baby on the way might be a good time to talk about making changes, even if it means him having a not such good job close to where your family live? It would be a good idea to at least tellhim how you are feeling.

I think we are leaning to both of us going home ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->