Horrible Day...

Criosaidh

Reaction score
God, I'm struggling today.

I have a staff member who is at roughly the same gestation I would have been if I hadn't suffered my loss. She's being a nightmare, attendance wise, but not through pregnancy related issues.

I've just had to receive a series of patronising emails from my boss explaining to me, the scientifics of being pregnant.

He knows what happened to me, how could he be so bloody insensitive. :cry: "Morning sickness stops after the first trimester" Well for a start it doesn't always, dickhead, and for another who the hell are you to lecture me on morning sickness??

He hasn't once asked me how I'm doing since I came back, or even acknowledged my loss. I'm working really hard at keeping my emotions in check in the office - my staff are being brilliant, why the hell can't he with all his supposed "years of experience". Fed up of this place, the senior management are worse than useless. Just want to go home and dissolve, but I'm fighting bloody hard not to and this idiot is doing nothing to make that any easier.

Thanks for the rant girls xx

Sounds like a pants day huni, hope tomorrow is a better one :hugs::hugs:

When I went back to work after my mmc everyone was lovely, very professional but sympathetic all the same. And it made life so much easier so I can only imagine how it is when there's not the same support there

Sending :hugs: and :dust:

sad when we have to work with such insensitive people ... Hard enough having to carry on as normal , hearing of other people sharing their news .. My boss had me lifting boxes as soon as i got back, felt like crying that they didn't care .. Keep your chin up our turn soon x x x

what a total jerk! so sorry for you,people can be really nasty sometimes,I think when they've never been thru it they expect you to forget it quite quick and that just doesnt happen!
keep smiling,sending big happy thoughts ( and nasty ones to your boss!)
xx

Hi Hun :hugs:
I know exactly how you feel. I have three ladies in my company who are preg, one came to my office a few weeks ago and my boss thought it would be okay to tell me about her baby kicking :growlmad:
Seriously, how stupid can you be - she's 2 weeks behind what I should be and you want to tell me that?? People are so f****** insensitive

Hope you're okay :flow:

im so sorry hun :hugs: my work have been lovely so far, but ive not been back yet - dreading it as i know it'll be so hard to hold it together for 9 hours a day and to carry on as normal when nothing is normal.

its only a few weeks til christmas, i hope you are managing to take some time off then
xx

Thanks ladies. :hugs:

Things are better today - although weird:

I put a message last night on Facebook about "people in senior positions needing to have more tact than your average nail gun" and one of my adorable colleagues :gun: showed this message to my boss. After a lot of bluster about keeping my posts regarding work professional, he's actually been a lot nicer to me today.

Now just have to find the nasty little grass who thought it was clever to try and make me look stupid... :ninja:

Hey Hon!

Sorry about your crappy day at work...BLEH! I don't even know why he is talking to you about pregnancy to begin with even if you hadn't gone through a miscarriage but the fact that he is doing it when he KNOWS you have just lost your precious baby is just down right mean. I would just tell him straight up that you really don't want to talk about it or ask him how that subject is work-related...put him back in his place...how rude...I'm just so mad for you and his complete lack of sensitivity. UGH!

:hugs:

PS. We are testing on the same day this DECEMBER! TONS OF BABY DUST...we did a pretty crappy TTC job this time around...circumstances beyond our control but still...also I don't know when and if I ovulated by my temps...they are all over the place...

OMG, I cannot believe how insensitive people are! I have to say I was very lucky with my work, they were very kind (even if my boss is now pregnant!!) so I am just waiting for the insensitive comments to come my way........
Hope you found your snitch and that your day tomorrow is a lot happier one

Sxx

I hate it when people are patronising. Don't feel bad hun. He is an idiot. :hug:

Sounds like he's feeling guilty...
I think often people don't know what to say so they say nothing, it would be better if they said a little something and moved on. I'm lucky that I haven't had any insensitivity yet although there are 3 pregnant ladies at work, although all quite far along.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->