Horrible news story I read today *warning/not nice*

Unexpected212

Reaction score
I was reading The Sun online today (I know!) and I saw this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepa...-exhausted-mum-falls-asleep-for-10-hours.html

A mum put her kids in the shower and went to get something and fell asleep for 10 hours and when she came back they had sadly died!

I can't believe something like this could happen. I know having one baby is exhausting, but I don't understand how you could fall asleep? Wouldn't she have heard them calling out?

I know us mummies get sleep deprived but never to the point where we'd endanger our children.

I can't help but feel really angry towards her.

Reading into it further one of her sons was rescued by police from a hot car! (this is australia it happened) before it happened. :(

There has to be more to this story. Its so sad but doesnt make sense, they couldnt establish the cause of death or how they got the injuries.

Those poor babes :(

I know It's put me in a horrible mood. I normally stay away from the news because it's always so depressing.

She would have heard them I'm sure!

really wished i hadnt read this!

Iv passed out before and it was only a matter of mins before i started to come around, your body wants you awake ASAP to stop you falling into a coma. You dont pass out for 10 hours, fall asleep yes but not pass out unless your ill.

Does not add up to me.

I read that yesterday in the daily mail (umm my excuse is I like the showbiz pages!) and I was shocked. I've been thinking about it ever since. Apparently the youngest appeared to die of drowning but the eldest they are unsure and guessed a mixture of exhaustion, distress overheating and possibly starvation? It breaks my heart :(

And even if you are so tired that you 'pass out' whilst going to get something (can't see it myself) you would surely hear them crying? Ten hours???

Also really you shouldn't leave little children to go get ANYTHING whilst they are in/near water. It's a real scare of mine. Poor little angels xx

:cry: Absolutely horrifying. I had 2 kids under 2 at 23 and I wanted to pass out all the time, but there is that little something inside you that pushes you to get up, I can't explain what it is, but I am sure you all know what I mean.

I am sure this woman is suffering immense pain right now, I just don't know what to say to all of this.. :cry:

I don't want to read the story so this is a pointless opinion, but I don't think I believe it. Unless she has like certified narcolepsy. I dunno.

Horrific. I've been exhausted at times too but I could never see myself passing out for 10 hours. Especially with the Momma instinct! I don't know how to explain it either, but I can hear Claire wake up at any given moment regardless of how tired I am.

Actually hubby and I have argued over it because I don't get how he CAN'T hear her and he retorts that he can't compete with nature and natural instincts.

Definitely has to be more to the story for sure. Those poor babies. :(

I've passed out from exhaustion before and been unwakeable despite a crying baby and being shaken by my OH. It happens. It's absolutely tragic and nothing will ever cease the guilt felt by their poor mother.

But for ten hours? I dunno, unless she was on medication or something that seems not quite right.

I think what makes me skeptical is the end bit about how the baby recently had to be rescued from a hot car...

I don't want to read the link, but I have a girl on my Facebook who I went junior school with many years ago she has 2 young boys almost 3 and 4 and a half year old. Her status the other week was "ds1 is sitting down playing in the shower it's more like a bath as the water doesn't go down straight away ah at least he's quite he's been in there 50 minutes" this really shocked me tbh but no one said anything to her which also surprised me, she is staying in a hostel at the moment and through previous statuses I have come to know the shower is in a separate small room to her actual living space where she was sitting and the shower is just a shower type with a door. This news story has made me think of this lady and I might just post it on my Facebook in hope she see's and thinks twice letting him play in shower it's quite a scary thought.

You dont die of starvation in 10 hours, even a todder takes weeks to die of starvation. :nope:

You dont die of starvation in 10 hours, even a todder takes weeks to die of starvation. :nope:

That's what I thought! But the paper definitely said that. Maybe sensationalism...

Ummm... Even if there was no history of alcohol/drug abuse or mental illness, obviously one of these things - or a medical condition - is at play. She didn't fall asleep for ten minutes, but TEN HOURS. That's insane. Even pre-baby I didn't sleep that long overnight.

I don't like the fact that they included that the baby had to be removed from the car by the police. It kind of implies that she was a careless mother and will leave most readers of the article suspicious. Maybe the police passed by a minute or so after she went in? Not that I'm excusing her behavior, but we don't know all the facts from that one incident.

That said, what I find odd is her not knowing how the tub got plugged and why she would close the door. My baby isn't here yet so I have no experience with having two kids, but if I absolutely had to leave them in the bath to grab something real quick I'd make sure to put the plug out of reach and leave the door open so I could hear them, but I can't think of a single reason any mom would risk it. My gut says that something is really off...I don't understand how a child can die from starvation in a matter of hours.

Surely even a new born can live for 10 hours if not fed?

Those poor babies :cry: I hope they rest in peace and the mother will be able to get both the punishment and help she deserves...I'm sure the fact that she's responsible for their death will be the worst punishment that she'll never be free of

i am in a terrible exhaustion state right now and still don't think i could sleep 10 hours. i wake up the minute my LO rustles no matter how tired i am

seems fishy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->