Horrible nipple help!

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bit gross :haha:

Eric is teething his top teeth, and is chewing when feeding. I didn't notice at first, but now one nipple is wrecked, scabby and bleeds after feeds and soooo sore!

Help, need a rescue remedy please! X

Ooh, ouch! I haven't had that yet, obviously, but I bit my mom enough times when I was a baby that she finally bit me back. I never nursed again! I doubt that is the outcome you're looking for, so I would say you may not want to try that, as tempting as it is...

Ooh, ouch! I haven't had that yet, obviously, but I bit my mom enough times when I was a baby that she finally bit me back. I never nursed again! I doubt that is the outcome you're looking for, so I would say you may not want to try that, as tempting as it is...

Yeah, think I will pass on that :rofl:

Lansinoh for healing, put it on after every feed. If your nipples are particularly sore then you can get nipple shells that you wear in your bra so that you don't have material rubbing against the nipple during the day or night.

Alternate your feeding position, so try different holds so that if the teeth are rubbing against your nipple its not always in the same place.

Remember to unlatch LO every time there is a bite. Unlatching will annoy him enough that he might stop doing it so his food supply is constant.

is it both nipples or just one?

Get the multimam gelpads, they work faster and better than the creams.

Lansinoh for healing, put it on after every feed. If your nipples are particularly sore then you can get nipple shells that you wear in your bra so that you don't have material rubbing against the nipple during the day or night.

Alternate your feeding position, so try different holds so that if the teeth are rubbing against your nipple its not always in the same place.

Remember to unlatch LO every time there is a bite. Unlatching will annoy him enough that he might stop doing it so his food supply is constant.

is it both nipples or just one?

Thanks! I got OH to get me some lanolin yesterday. I put it on last night, and no difference this morning. Only one is bad, the other is sore but not scabby...... yet.... :haha:

The problem is, when he bites (usually at the end of the feed), he finds it hilarious when I go "ouch!", and bites again... :dohh: Trying not to say ouch and just take him off. x

Hi! I had bleeding the first two weeks while breastfeeding and it went to mastitis!! It was horrible and i had to take antibiotics and cried for the pain!! After that my friend suggested to try Silverette silver cups and that all italian mamas were using them!! They were great and nonmore mastitis and still breastfeeding! Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->