'horse' noises at night

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
the last couple of nights alex ha been making 'horse' noises quite loudly in hs sleep - and although he is asleep he's really restless. when he's awake he quite often looks like he's struggling to do a poo - he's only doing one day, but it's quite liquidy so i don't think he's constipated. does anyone know what's the matter with him and if there's anything i can do, it seems to be really upsetting him?

:rofl:Erin's making farmyard noises right now and is fast asleep too. I say she sounds more like a goat:blush:

My others all made these funny and bizarre noises too for the first few weeks/months....it's normal, stop fretting and try and get it on camcorder as they only do it for a short while and it's cute to look back on:hugs:

Hi Lulu, Benjamin has been doing this since birth. We got a great kick out of it at first, now we're just used to it. I thought he sounded like a dolphin, so we have nick named him Flipper! He also makes those faces and turns red, I don't think it's poo related, but more of that weird sound related. Benjamin makes those faces when he tried to make those "horse sounds". I'd love to know why they do it though.

Ha- I think my LO sounds like a goat! I can't help but crack up when I hear it.

isnt it something to do with the mucus? leyley does it lots aswell lol

x

Yeah my baby Seth is doing it too, he sounds like an Ewok out of star wars or something! It did worry me at first, but as he does it all the time in his sleep now, especially at night, I've now relaxed with it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's mucus related as he still sounds quite mucusy too sometimes, again more at night.

Harry does this too. It really concerned me at first, and kept me awake all night as I was always on edge thinking that any second he was going to break into full-blown wailing. I've come to realise that he's perfectly happy when making the noises - not hungry, doesn't need nappy changing, not too hot/cold etc.... we let him sleep in his nursery last night for the first time and kept the monitor in our room so we only woke up when he cried for something. It worked really well and Harry seemed much calmer too. I initially felt a little guilty about putting him in another room at 11 days old, but he was never left crying and seemed not to even notice! We all got a good nights' sleep last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->