Hospital bag?

emmyloves1991

Reaction score
Packing my hospital bag this week and this is what i have....

Nighties x2
Slippers
Clothing
Hairbands
TENS Machine
Nursing bra
Dressing gown
Camera
Maternity pads
Breast pads
Charger for phone
Old knickers
Soap, toothbrush, etc..
I'm going to get snacks near the date.

LOL! so is there anything else i need?, i'm not bothering with massage oils or whatever i just need basics.

For baby i have...

Nappies
Baby grows
Vests
Cotton wool
Towels
Going home clothes

Again, do i need anything else for bubs?

I liked having pyjama bottoms as I felt a bit exposed in my nightie (Dark ones just in case of any post partum leaks!). You'll probably be walking around the ward a bit to manage the contractions. Some drinks with straws in case you're on your side and want a drink. A flannel so oh can cool your sweaty brow. I took a little wash bag with my shampoo and shower gel, my midwife sent me off to get a shower as soon as my epidural wore off!

For baby don't forget a hat or 2, preferably knitted to keep the heat from escaping. They put the hat on baby immediately so it'll get blood on it, hence taking a couple of spares for when you leave hospital.

I massively overpacked so it sounds like you've got it cracked. There is a sticky thread at the top of here for some more ideas.

Nipple ointment, dummy, undies, beanie for baby. :)

Possibly some bottled water - I know how much I go through on an average day nevermind labour, so I'll be taking some with me.

Socks are probably worth taking too (first thing I packed, my feet are always cold!) :)

lip balm, money for car park, vending machines etc.. a magazine or book to keep you occupied at 3am when everyone elses baby is crying but yours is asleep!

If there is a possibility of a water birth maybe a bikini-tankini top so you feel less exposed.

Also pack a 'just in case bag' for home. I ended up with a long induction and emcs so spent a few days in hospital. I asked hubby to bring me a clean bra and he bought me in a strapless lacy bra two sizes too small lol

Good luck :)

I liked having pyjama bottoms as I felt a bit exposed in my nightie (Dark ones just in case of any post partum leaks!). You'll probably be walking around the ward a bit to manage the contractions. Some drinks with straws in case you're on your side and want a drink. A flannel so oh can cool your sweaty brow. I took a little wash bag with my shampoo and shower gel, my midwife sent me off to get a shower as soon as my epidural wore off!

For baby don't forget a hat or 2, preferably knitted to keep the heat from escaping. They put the hat on baby immediately so it'll get blood on it, hence taking a couple of spares for when you leave hospital.

I massively overpacked so it sounds like you've got it cracked. There is a sticky thread at the top of here for some more ideas.

Most hospitals now do not advise putting a hat on baby while indoors unless baby was premature or has had trouble maintaining their temperature. Its a myth that has since been disproven through scientific research that you lose the most heat through your head and putting a hat on a newborn could cause overheating especially in the summer months; but my youngest was born in the winter and they said do not put a hat on him. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->